• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 Edge, completely dead.

TeamPaul

Lurker
Jan 22, 2016
Sadly, my S7 Edge died on me last night. It had been crashing for months, and now it won't turn on.

I had my phone in my pocket while making dinner last night, pulled it out and it wouldn't turn on. No sign of life, with any button combination or plugged into a charger. Until....

I left it on charge all night to see what would happen, and the battery picture appeared. I decided to try and turn it on and back to being unresponsive. I feel like I should have tried a button combination, since it showed signs of life.

I have never dropped my phone, i always take care of them since contract phones are long-term. Does anyone know the problem? Is there a fix?

I'm going to either wait for it to show life again, or take it back to carphone warehouse today.

Thanks in advance.

I believe its the power IC that has malfunctioned, Power IC usually goes off due to over charging your phone. take your phone to samsung if its in warranty or get any technical assistant from any repair shop. I believe it wont be that expensive. I hope it helps.

You cannot overcharge this phone...
Most Mobile devices that have recently came out into the market do not overcharge and were designed to prevent overcharging from happening.
Specifically the S7 has this therefore, this cannot be a malfunctioned Power IC.

Upvote 0
You cannot overcharge this phone...
Most Mobile devices that have recently came out into the market do not overcharge and were designed to prevent overcharging from happening.
Specifically the S7 has this therefore, this cannot be a malfunctioned Power IC.
I agree, but there is power running in to phone. Not sure but that could be the issue and repair shop will be able to detect the main issue. I faced problem like this on one of my LG phone and the issue was a malfunctioned power IC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones