1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S7 Edge Display Turns Off help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KoDie666, Mar 13, 2016.

1. KoDie666

KoDie666 Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2014
    Hello. I've been having issues with my galaxy s7 edge (AT&T - SAMSUNG-SM-G935A) since I purchased on the 11th. The phone auto shuts off the display when I reach for it and/or begin pressing icons. I chatted with a Samsung rep on the website chat and she told me the basic support and things to check. It still did it in Safe Mode. Told me to reset my app preferences under App Manager, this appeared to do it, she said it may be the cache issues of the bloat ware I disabled.

8 hours later it's doing it again and I noticed it's when I go to swipe down or pull down the task window with my left hand, which goes over the light sensor.

Any idea on how to fix or is this a manufacturer issue?

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    This is a long shot but try the following: –
    Go to Settings/Display and scroll down to Keep screen turned off and uncheck that.

KOLIO and KoDie666 like this.
  3. KoDie666

KoDie666 Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2014
    You what what, that may be it. Didn't even think about that, was thinking it was the Always On Display. I'll let you know of the problem persist.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.