1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S7 Edge Downgrade To 6.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Squiizz, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Squiizz

Squiizz Lurker

Hello new to the forum and in need of help badly, I have an S7 Edge running Android 8.0 and I and trying downgrade it back to 6.0 Marshmellow but I am having trouble, I have Odin and have tryed every firmware I can think of to try and get it reverted back with no success, is this even possible to do on my device or can anyone help me with the process/files required?

Baseband Version: G935FXXS8ETC1
    Build Number: R16NW-G935FXXS8ETC1
    Current OS: 8.0

For some reason carnt upload a photo of the software information.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Dannydet and MrJavi like this.
  3. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Welcome to Android Forums @Squiizz :)

Sorry to be the one to inform you but you current firmware is a fused 8 (aboot) and all other firmwares are fused 7 or below. This will result in an "sw rev check" Odin fail or something similar. Bootloaders and modems are upward compatible but never downgradeble.

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s7-edge/firmware/SM-G935F/BTU/

G935FXXS8ETC1 Count five digits from the end and thats your fused (aboot). In this case its an 8. No way to downgrade. :(

Dannydet likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

@MrJavi that is what i thought, until i came across the article i linked. i wonder why they never mentioned that.

MrJavi and Dannydet like this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3600mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews