• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

s7 edge dropped and broken

hi, I dropped my s7 edge this morning.
At first, nothing appeared wrong. There was/is no cracks on any of the external surfaces. I turned the phone on, and there was a small horizontal white line across the top of the screen. this appeared to be a minor problem. then, I turned the phone off and on the display was a green flashing hue. I turned the phone back on and tried fiddling with a few settings. I turned the brightness up and the display was flickering on and off in a bright colour.
after this, I turned the phone off and on and the lock screen took multiple attempts to come up, flashing white when it didn't. the screen was almost flickering when it was in use. it still is now. any ideas what is going on, what I can do and how much the repair is going to cost if it is at all repairable?
edit: I should add that all touch functions are working (including fingerprint sensors), the camera works fine, there is no visible damage and the phone will still charge.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones