• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S7 Edge Exchange email not syncing at all

maltxmaster

Lurker
Mar 28, 2016
I just got an S7 Edge and the Corporate Exchange email will not sync at all for my work email account where we host our own Exchange. It connects to the profile without error and looks to be connected but it never downloads a single email (even with forced sync), cannot send email, cannot sync calendar items either. I have tried a few different apps including the default email app and I can only get TypeApp Email to work. Default, Outlook, and Outlook OWA do not work. OWA flashes the inbox every few seconds for a second which is very weird. Email works fine on over 300+ other users phones. I believe I am the first S7 so we need to figure this out before anyone else from my company gets an S7. I have tried this on Corporate WiFi, Guest WiFi, and Verizon network Data. Anyone have any Ideas what could cause this?

Update- expand the quick setting and select sync. Then make sure the accounts you want are set to sync, mine were all turned off. Hope this helps.

I am having the same issue, even exchanged the phone. I also have connection issues with certain apps my husband and I both got the s7 the same day it came out and his has been fine. I have even compared all of my settings to his, which are the same. I find it unlikely that I got 2 faulty phones, has to be a setting somewhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160329-042445.png
    Screenshot_20160329-042445.png
    693.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Found the issue. Appeared to be a user account level issue. This URL pointed me to the fix

http://serverfault.com/questions/356612/exchange-activesync-does-not-work-for-one-user/356618

Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
On the menu at the top of the console, click View > Advanced Features.
Locate and right-click the mailbox account in the console, and then click Properties.
Click the Security tab.
Click Advanced.
Make sure that the check box for "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" is selected.

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones