• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S7 edge fingerprint problem

Mark98

Dec 8, 2016
Had it on for for few days fine
Now when it comes to using it nothing happens. It doesn't tell me wrong thumbprint. It just doesn't work and have to type code instead

Have reset the thumb print but still won't work

I've even tried clearing cache

When I press it it doesn't vibrate like it does when I'm setting it up

Unbelievable when I restart it has the cheek to tell me to use the pattern not fingerprint
Fingerprint doesn't work anyhow. Why's this. Who do I need to protect fingerprint

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170101-012558.png
    Screenshot_20170101-012558.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Unbelievable when I restart it has the cheek to tell me to use the pattern not fingerprint
Fingerprint doesn't work anyhow. Why's this. Who do I need to protect fingerprint

Thanks

Not sure about the fingerprint bit not working, but whenever you restart your device, it will ask for your pin/pattern instead of your fingerprint. Mine (LG G5) does it also. ;)

How old is your device?

Edit: by the way, I've moved the thread into the S7 Edge forum. Perhaps others with your device can chime in.

Upvote 0
so if you tried clearing the cache, & you're not rooted and all that, it might be a software issue. Might need the dreaded 'Factory Reset'. I'll try one last restart of the device before any drastic measures, then delete all registered fingerprints, use a different lock mechanism, and then turn On the fingerprint in the Settings. goodluck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones