1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S7 Edge Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brian Anderson, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Brian Anderson

I recently switched from the S5 to the S7/Edge. I've set up the fingerprint and pattern lock. I have the settings set to enable pattern when then power button is pushed to turn off the screen. The problem I'm having is when I do this all I have to when I close the screen is just swipe and the home screen comes right back on. No security whatsoever. I'm sure it's just a setting but at a loss. Please Help. Other than this issue. I Love this phone. Very Impressed. Thanks in advance for any help. I

2. Jinxii

Jinxii Newbie

Many times, when updating the security options, you'll need to reset the phone before the change takes hold. So give it a reset and if the issue still persists, go back into the security settings and try again.

3. jason359

jason359 Well-Known Member

are you using trusted devices/locations? This will disable the lock screen.

Brian Anderson likes this.
  4. badcatz

badcatz Well-Known Member

I'm guessing @Jinxii means restart (or power cycle) your phone, not reset.

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  5. jdub4christ

jdub4christ Newbie

It's your time out setting, change it to lock immediately. Is probably set to 1-10 minutes so within that time frame you don't need a pass code.

Leakite likes this.
  6. Leakite

Leakite Newbie

I think you should verify the lock timeout as suggested by @jdub4christ

7. Brian Anderson

I figured it out shortly after this post. It was the trusted device. I have the moto360 paired to the phone. Thanks for all the help. Now if I could figure out how to keep the edge display on when the phone is in standby mode I'd be good. My wife's stays on but mine won't.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3600mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews