• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 Edge Nougat ATT Root. - Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

sleedeane

Android Expert
Jul 6, 2011
Columbia, MO.
I'm missing Tapatalk. Trying to figure my way around AF on my phone.
For example I want to know what method I should try to root this thing with.
I know there's root for it because I've looked in xda and utube.
But the info is scattered and methods vary.
You guys are awesome about walking people step-by-step through the process (as I need) and posting the exact links that are needed.
You guys have given me the courage and confidence to root in the past.
I'm sure there is discussion about this in AF but I don't see it anywhere.
So...
Thank you.

Personally, unless you have a very major and specific, reason to root I would not do this on the galaxy S7 edge with nougat.Too many risks, not many existing rooted S7 to ensure confidence and fairly limited benefits. Keep in mind we are still waiting for 7.1.1 etc. etc.
No reason. Just wanted to play around.
Like I've done with most of my other phones thanx to AF.
But I definitely will not pursue this any further as I still consider myself a newbie (after all this time!) and the term high risk frightens me.
I'll check back with you after a few updates.
Back to the forums, are there like "sub-topics" like "S7 root" or do I just keep scrolling in the S7 forums until I find something similar?
I knew my way around Tapatalk because I thought it was so well organized but I'm kind of lost here, at least from my phone.
Thank you kindly Snakeyeskm.

Upvote 0
Didn't mean to discourage you, but spend some time on the XDA forum which is a must read if you're considering rooting your phone. I'm not sure regarding the protocol of posting their website on this forum, but a Google search will lead you to the right place.Love your adventurous nature. It explains the bandages

Lol!

Upvote 0
Hi all! So well I have galaxy s7 edge in united States. My phone carrier is verizon. I'm on prepaid plan and not post paid. I own own my phone. I'm not on any device plan with verizon. My phone is running Marshmallow 6.0.1. So my question is if I am able to update to 7.0 nougat? Will I then be able to root my phone? I Been trying and trying to root my phone with no avail? I found out like 3 days ago that it might be because the bootloader is locked on this phone? And so I called verizon. And they told me that they don't lock bootloaders on the phones. But here on android forum yesterday a few people told me that verizon may have lied? But then I found our that it isn't the phone carriers who lock the bootloaders? But it's actually the phone making company that locks the bootloaders for the carrier? In my case it would be samsung. So well first of all is the 7.0 nougat update even worth doing on s7 edge? And will the update allow me your unlock the bootloader therfore enabling me to root my phone? And well I know that with rooting a phone I could do many many things with the phone? But with me? The main reason I want to root my phone is to get rid of the bloatware crap on my phone that I will never use? In order to free up more memory on my phone? And I don't mean just disabling the bloatware apps I don't want to to use? I mean truly uninstalling or deleting the apps totally off of my phone? So if there is a way to do that without rooting the phone? That would also work for what I want to do? But all I know is with all of my trying and trying to get this bloatware crap off of my phone with no avail? Well it's pissing me off! Its bs having to go through all of this! So if anyone knows of any ways to give me advice as to how to accomplish this? Please let me know? Thanks! God bless you!

Upvote 0
It's easy download package disabler pro. Flash the eng boot, once it boots type root.bat in cmd then it's done except for using a app to set the cpu governors.

OK thanks for getting back to me! But Hmm? So will that unlock my bootloader? Or will that allow me to root my phone? Or will that allow me to uninstall bloatware? Please explain? Thanks!

Upvote 0
SnakeyeskmPersonally, unless you have a very major and specific, reason to root I would not do this on the galaxy S7 edge with nougat.Too many risks, not many existing rooted S7 to ensure confidence and fairly limited benefits. Keep in mind we are still waiting for 7.1.1 etc. etc.
No reason. Just wanted to play around. Like I've done with most of my other phones thanx to AF. But I definitely will not pursue this any further as I still consider myself a newbie (after all this time!) and the term high risk frightens me. I'll check back with you after a few updates. Back to the forums, are there like "sub-topics" like "S7 root" or do I just keep scrolling in the S7 forums until I find something similar? I knew my way around Tapatalk because I thought it was so well organized but I'm kind of lost here, at least from my phone. Thank you kindly Snakeyeskm.

Hey back To AF.
An I missing something? That you can't really access AF from a phone like you could with Tapatalk?
On my phone, most of the options are greyed out (like there's an icon that looks like quote box with a number next to it that I think is a reply count. It's greyed out so does nothing so I guess I can't view all the replies).
And when I go to the lounge, on my PC, there are 100's or 1000's of pages on a lot of topics.
On my phone there are only 2 pages and like 20 topics.

Am I the only one that misses Tapatalk?
Am I the only one that wants to visit the forums from a phone?
Is it true that I have to use a PC to get around AF now because it's impossible to thoroughly navigate from a mobile device?

Maybe if I went to my PC right now I would find answers to these questions as there's already a thread on this topic that I just can't see from my phone?

I've asked about the differences between AF on a PC and Tapatalk on a phone and don't seem to be getting any responses.

Can't believe I'm the only one with questions about this.

To anyone that replies to my questions, thank you.
And to anybody that has already replied and I just can't see it because I'm on my phone right now thank you.

Signed, lost and confused.

Upvote 0
sleedeane<blockquote>SnakeyeskmPersonally, unless you have a very major and specific, reason to root I would not do this on the galaxy S7 edge with nougat.Too many risks, not many existing rooted S7 to ensure confidence and fairly limited benefits. Keep in mind we are still waiting for 7.1.1 etc. etc.
No reason. Just wanted to play around. Like I&amp;#039;ve done with most of my other phones thanx to AF. But I definitely will not pursue this any further as I still consider myself a newbie (after all this time!) and the term high risk frightens me. I&amp;#039;ll check back with you after a few updates. Back to the forums, are there like &amp;quot;sub-topics&amp;quot; like &amp;quot;S7 root&amp;quot; or do I just keep scrolling in the S7 forums until I find something similar? I knew my way around Tapatalk because I thought it was so well organized but I&amp;#039;m kind of lost here, at least from my phone. Thank you kindly Snakeyeskm.</blockquote>Hey back To AF. An I missing something? That you can&#039;t really access AF from a phone like you could with Tapatalk? On my phone, most of the options are greyed out (like there&#039;s an icon that looks like quote box with a number next to it that I think is a reply count. It&#039;s greyed out so does nothing so I guess I can&#039;t view all the replies). And when I go to the lounge, on my PC, there are 100&#039;s or 1000&#039;s of pages on a lot of topics. On my phone there are only 2 pages and like 20 topics. Am I the only one that misses Tapatalk? Am I the only one that wants to visit the forums from a phone? Is it true that I have to use a PC to get around AF now because it&#039;s impossible to thoroughly navigate from a mobile device? Maybe if I went to my PC right now I would find answers to these questions as there&#039;s already a thread on this topic that I just can&#039;t see from my phone? I&#039;ve asked about the differences between AF on a PC and Tapatalk on a phone and don&#039;t seem to be getting any responses. Can&#039;t believe I&#039;m the only one with questions about this. To anyone that replies to my questions, thank you. And to anybody that has already replied and I just can&#039;t see it because I&#039;m on my phone right now thank you. Signed, lost and confused.

Edit: I wanted to edit what I just posted but clicking on the 3 vertical dots... which brings up an edit option... does nothing when I click on it.

I just wanted to change "a quote box" to "a quote balloon" trying to better explain what I'm seeing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones