1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S7 Edge Problems, Syncing, Lagging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zach Stefsn, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Zach Stefsn

Zach Stefsn Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2016
    Just received my S7 Edge Last night, I have been having issues with the very basic things on this device.

With clean install (nothing restored from and old device):

1-Syncing (under accounts) have been giving "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."
    I'm only adding a Google and a Samsung accounts and both give the same error.
    (I even tried factory resetting and before adding any other apps)

2-Added an email account IMAM/POP) that didn't Sync either, I couldn't even remove the account to try to re-add it again. it gets stuck on removing... and the account remains there.

3-Tried to sign up to Samsung Pay I get to the main screen where it says START, I hit start and absolutely nothing happens.

I made sure I have internet, I tried being on both Wifi and LTE.

I have reset to factory settings a dozen of times, tried removing/re-adding accounts, nothing worked.

My S6 Edge syncs to the same exact accounts with no issues at all.

Do I have a bad device?!! Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Sounds like you've done your due diligence,I'd take it in to AT&T for a new device.

3. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    London, UK
    I don't have any issues with sync, but had a camera failure after 1 day.

4. Ryan Bartlett

Ryan Bartlett Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2016
    Male
    I've had my s7 edge for 1 day and this same problem has been driving my crazy. I think I have resolved my issues now. I had power saving on which suppresses all background processes including downloads and email sync. To tell if power saving mode is on you will have a grey background to the status bar at the top of the screen. Just slide two fingers from the top of the screen down and you will see the power saving icon is black. Just tap it to turn off

Zach Stefsn and KOLIO like this.
  5. Zach Stefsn

Zach Stefsn Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2016
    Ryan Bartlett,

I think you are correct, for some reason power saving mode is not the same on the S7, I've always had it on on the S6 with no issues at all, but with the S7 even Pandora, Soundcloud won't work if I lock the screen.

I think this issue needs to be addressed or at least there should be a toggle to allow some Apps to run background data under Power save mode.

Thank you

KOLIO likes this.
  6. Zumaki

Zumaki Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    I had temporary issues with messaging FC every time I sent/received a text, but a reboot fixed it. No bugs right now.

7. Titansfannatl

Titansfannatl Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    i was having similar problem, I'm actually tring to find a fix for this, but if my bluetooth is on and no device connected my wifi shows as connected but everything times out. if i connect a device or turn off the bluetooth everything works fine. If anyone knows of a way to fix this i would appreciate it.

8. Khayman999

Khayman999 Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2016
    Male
    Italy
    I'm having a problem with Facebook. When I go into the account settings and tap on Facebook, the "accounts" tab says sync disabled but if I go under general settings, the Sync with your device box is ticked. My only real concern with this is the calendar and for that I've installed "facebook calendar sync" from play store as a workaround but this feels like a bug, which annoys me somehow because, even if I wanted to, I'd be unable to sync anything.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.