• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello.

As of yesterday my s7 edge has been playing up with a number of issues, is there an easy fix or is it best if I return to Samsung.
  1. Fast battery drain. Comes off charge when I wake up 6.30am (It's now 10.30am and my battery is at 45%. I don't get any signal in my house so I put it in flight mode.
  2. Phone heating up quickly (without charging)
  3. Notifications from Facebook/email/messenger sitting in notification bar and number displayed on app icon, even though I've read them.
  4. When trying to download or remove apps they won't download unless I reboot the phone and try again and then when the install process begins nothing happens unless I again reboot the phone and then it'll install.

For #3 the fb notifications stay even if you've read them, that's how the app has been designed, they used to go when read in the past, but fb changed it at sometime in an update.

But yea the others should go and the icon counts should go. I use the gmail app and it works ok. And i use Textra for messaging and it works ok. Might be worth trying different apps for those 2 to rule out that issue.

For your other issues, i suggest a data cache wipe first, if that doesn't help then last resort a factory reset. (which is what Samsung would do if you send it back).

Upvote 0
About battery drain and phone heating up, it might be new problematic oculus apps update which go into installing loop and take cpu cycle because it fail to install. So try uninstall update and disable the apps.

Funnily enough on the battery usage section. It was displaying the oculus app but as I never use it, I have just deleted all Oculus apps and rebooted phone. Hopefully this solves the problem.

Reactions: secretLOVER
Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/threads/new-battery-issues.1076517/

Just an FYI, please see link below as this has happened to me in the past 24 hours and might be an issue with other user battery drains. It is Brutal! My battery drained from 100% to 16% in in medium power save mode while sleeping. I am looking into solutions so please post if any are found.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...p-samsung-phones-causing-heavy-battery-drain/

UPDATE: I have uninstalled the 'oculus' and 'oculus rooms' apps and this has temporarily cured my battery drain. Oculus is aware of the issue. I will not be able to use the VR until they fix. If you don't use VR then you might never have this issue.

UPDATE 2: From OCULUS staff: This should be solved by following below.

cybereality Posts: 17,939
staff_badge.png
Oculus Staff

12:54PM
Really sorry about this. We pushed an update last night that should resolve the issues people are having. You can try first launching the Oculus app on your phone and see if the update is available (it should prompt you). If not, you should go into the Android application manager and uninstall Oculus Home first and then Oculus Rooms. After you uninstall, please dock your phone in the headset so it can downloaded the updated version. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones