• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S7 Edge Screen on in pocket

KoDie666

Lurker
Apr 22, 2014
Hello, another issue with the sensor.

I have the AOD turned off (due to lag and annoyance). I noticed my battery has been draining faster lately. I also noticed that every time I place my phone in my trucks little cubby shelf while the phone is off, the screen turns on. If it's in my pocket, it's on. I slipped the sensor in the sleeve of my jacket to test this, and it turned on.

I know there used to be a setting for hovering your hand over the phone to get a preview of notifications (prior Galaxy models) and what not, but I don't see it on the S7 and can't find any information online. Any ideas?

I also don't want to turn on the option for Pocket mode because if my hand or finger crosses the sensor while swiping down, it shuts the screen off while in use.

Thanks,
-Cody

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones