• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S7 edge stuck on boot screen

Hi, i recently got this new s7 edge a few days ago, promptly got a new sim to fit the nano-sim size, and have been using it flawlessly ever since. However, after restarting it once (i restarted it many times before this), it wont get passed the Sprint "LTE Plus" boot screen. I've restarted by holding down the power and volume down button many times to no avail, and have looked into removing the battery so the phone doesn't overheating while stuck in this position (the phone was already quite hot), but i don't want to screw up the adhesive.

Any help?

You can try to boot into recovery mode and perform a cache wipe.

How to enter the Galaxy S7 Edge recovery mode

• Hold the power key until device turns off.
  • Boot S7 Edge into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
  • Release all three buttons when the screen flickers and you see a warning sign.
  • Press Volume Up to continue to the main screen of Recovery mode. Or, press Volume Down if you aren’t sure and want to go back to the normal mode.
  • Use the volume down key highlight "wipe cache partition"
  • Press power to select.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones