1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S7 Edge WIFI Drops Out

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by fincaman, Apr 24, 2016.

1. fincaman

fincaman Newbie
    None

Apr 22, 2014
    Hello All, I have just treated myself to an S7 Edge, it is of course fabulous but I keep loosing the WIFI in my house. I get a message saying "waiting to connect to network when quality improves" if I tap the message it says the strength is "very Strong" I can stand next to the router and it still won't connect until I switch the WIFI off then back on (on the phone) It then connects straight away, my previous cheap China phone had no problems has anyone any ideas ?
    Regards

Kevin

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Try powering off your modem/router (if it's one of those single unit models), or both your modem and router (start up the modem first, wait, then start the router).
    If that doesn't help, go into the router settings and give your S7 an assigned IP address (if you've got other devices feeding off your router be sure to leave DHCP as is).

tube517 likes this.
  3. fincaman

fincaman Newbie
    None

Apr 22, 2014
    Hello and thanks I've done the switching off and on bit (Asus router running Tomato firmware) I'll try the i.p. address but can't help thinking it should just work my cheap China phone does.