1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

S7 email texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TonyB, Apr 20, 2017.

1. TonyB

TonyB Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    I upgraded to an S7 from an S6 and I am now getting emails of incoming text messages on the S7 from the S6 which my wife now uses. How do I stop this?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Where is your wife sending them to and what app is she using? Is it possible that she's unintentionally sending the messages to your email address rather than your phone number?

I received a couple of texts as emails last week: the sender sent them as texts, but we can only guess that the contact info in her phone only had my email address and the phone sent them via an SMS to email gateway instead. I can't say whether that's possible on your wife's S6 - none of my SMS apps will allow me to send messages to an email address, but different phones, different networks, who knows?

lunatic59 likes this.
  3. TonyB

TonyB Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2011

I'm only getting texts that my wife receives and often 2 or 3 days later.

4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Sorry, can you spell out exactly what is happening? From your last message it sounds like rather than receiving texts from the S6 as emails on the S7 (as I read the first post) you are getting copies of texts sent to the S6, and received by the S6, copied to you as emails at some later time. Is that correct?

So what email address are they coming from? One of your wife's addresses, one of yours, some other, or different ones each time? If the pattern isn't obvious I'd look at the full headers of the emails and see whether I could see a common source.

Just as a shot in the dark, your wife doesn't have any app on her phone that's set to back up messages to one of your email accounts? There are apps that can do this (e.g. SMS Backup+), but they wouldn't normally copy messages into the inbox so you shouldn't see them like that. But if I'm reading you right it sounds like there is something on the S6 copying or forwarding incoming texts to your email (or possibly in the carriers' systems, but on the phone sounds much more likely).

5. TonyB

TonyB Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2011

6. seVer

seVer Android Expert

May 1, 2010
    Unknown. Previous VZW Tech Support for 7 years.
  7. TonyB

TonyB Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2011

Samsung Galaxy S7

Samsung Galaxy S7