1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General S7 Exynos on AT&T Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Covert_Death, May 4, 2016.

1. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Android Expert
    None

Feb 2, 2010
    Male
    ELP Engineer @ National Instruments
    Austin, TX
    Hi all,.

So I ordered an S7 international version to use on AT&T because I wanted root and the supposed better battery life.

I have a few questions about AT&T specific features though and was wondering if anyone had answers.

1. Video Call. My dad has an S7 Edge and we tried video calling but ran into problems. If he called me it would say that I am "not available for Video call". However on my phone the video call button is there and if I call him i rings for 1-2 seconds and then abruptly ends. Is video calling supported on the international version of the S7?

2. Same thing as above but with HD Voice. I am now wondering if I don't support HD Voice as calls have not seemed to be crystal clear.

Does anyone else have experience with the international version on AT&T? if so what is your experience? Besides that I absolutely love the phone.

Advertisement

#1 Covert_Death, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Ironass, where are you?

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Video and HD calls work. The question is whether AT&T supports the bands used by the International version and the protocols used. Remember, that phone was never intended for use in the US in the first place.

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Android Expert
    None

Feb 2, 2010
    Male
    ELP Engineer @ National Instruments
    Austin, TX
    so take this with a grain of salt but i got off the phone with AT&T support and my problems stemmed from not having my device information updated on AT&Ts network.

They said that the international version S7 IMEI ranges have not yet been provided to them to enter en mass so at this point the device is just listed as a generic phone in the system. This prevents me from using VoLTE / Video Call / VVM / and LTE.

The technician i spoke with asked for my IMEI and model # G930F to put in a manual request to link the two in the network. He was given a 2 week estimate to completion but at that time once the network gets updated I will have access to all the above features.

He said eventually they would get IMEI ranges for all international s7's and this wouldn't be a problem in the future but they just don't have them yet.

I hope this helps anyone else out in this situation!

Snakeyeskm likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.