• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 G930P stuck in bootloop after rooting

'IMS Service has stopped' was repeatedly popping up making device unusable AFTER rooting and flashing theunlockr, 'bloatware remover'
(beware S7 users!)

This is what caused it and other S7 users are reporting the SAME IMS problem:
https://theunlockr.com/2016/09/04/remove-bloatware-samsung-galaxy-s7-s7-edge/

I factory reset and the popup was still there : (
I tried to flash the stock firmware with Odin but it failed multiple times, even after restarting & using another USB port.
Phone is now bootlooping or stuck in download mode, or telling me I need to run Smart Switch. Odin failed to flash stock. Smart switch doesn't recognize SN.
Please help, I have NO phone and I'm going to fail all my classes because of this! : (

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
You don't really gain a lot by uninstalling bloat.
<br> Take a look at Package Disabler Pro
<br>
<a href='https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ospolice.packagedisablerpro' target='_blank' class='externalLink' rel='nofollow'>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ospolice.packagedisablerpro</a>
<br> Will let you disable all the boat without root.
<br> Can enable if something starts acting up

Some extra space at least? Half a GB is about 5% more storage maybe? It's only 32gb, less than 20gb of that is free in a stock setup.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most bloat is installed as a system app in the system partition. I think updates to those apps and their data are stored in the User Data partition.
Deleting app data and uninstalling updates gives you a little back, but not much.
Deleting anything from the System Partition will not give you more in the User Data Partition.
You might gain a little more with a custom rom since the system is usually smaller but not 100% sure.

Upvote 0
Just to add, re-rooting your phone and deleting system apps isn't going to help you out much. The operating system partitions are different and separate from the user data partition, where your personal data gets stored. That data partition is what you need to focus on. Rooting your phone and removing a few system-installed apps won't make any difference to that data partition.

As for that unlockr bloat remover script I don't have any opinion as to whether that was what messed up your phone, or if it was just some other glitch related or not. Just my opinion but instead of using something like that, you should think about disabling the apps/services that you don't want, not just go along with what someone else thinks you don't want. We all set up and configure our phones to suit our own needs, and this is your phone not theirs. And don't just delete items -- disable them first, see how things work out for a few days, and then delete them when you're sure they're not actually necessary.

Upvote 0
Most bloat is installed as a system app in the system partition. I think updates to those apps and their data are stored in the User Data partition.
Deleting app data and uninstalling updates gives you a little back, but not much.
Deleting anything from the System Partition will not give you more in the User Data Partition.
You might gain a little more with a custom rom since the system is usually smaller but not 100% sure.

What about a custom ROM?

Upvote 0
Should be able to find everything related to the 930P here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-galaxy-s7
I equipped all 4 in Odin and it hasn't failed yet... if this works I'm going to root again following this method:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/tm...eres-how-rooted-nougat-s7-edge-g935t-t3567502

Will I be able to install Snapchat somehow rooting that way? Could you recommend a better root?

And... FAILED WTF...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> skip file list for home binary
<ID:0/003> persist.img.ext4
<ID:0/003> Home Binary Download
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

How should I best post this type of "wall of text"?

Upvote 0
upload_2017-9-14_21-11-20.png

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones