• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 overheating?

Reactions: Snakeyeskm
Upvote 0
OP here.

US model Verizon. Not under covers. Not happened again but she is now afraid to set down candy crush without closing app...

Sooo... the issue sorta is she never got an overheat warning. It never went into low power mode to protect itself. I thought maybe faulty internal thermometer thingy.

This is the singular issue between both of our phones. Everything else is butter and greased lightning. PayPal fingerprint app was not working but they pushed an update that removed that feature so technically that isn't broken anymore ;)

Upvote 0
I noticed that for some reason, when I stream Pandora and put my phone in my holster, the screen would turn on for no reason and my phone would heat up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Never could figure out why this was happening, but I turned on the Keep Screen Off option in the settings when its in a dark location. This fixed that issue. You would think with the cooling stripe in the phone, it would cool the phone down. I'm curious how it works and at what point does it activate.

Upvote 0
I noticed that for some reason, when I stream Pandora and put my phone in my holster, the screen would turn on for no reason and my phone would heat up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Never could figure out why this was happening, but I turned on the Keep Screen Off option in the settings when its in a dark location. This fixed that issue. You would think with the cooling stripe in the phone, it would cool the phone down. I'm curious how it works and at what point does it activate.
100 F is not excessive for a smartphone. Depending on where you are, the ambient temperature could actually be more than that. Streaming music via WiFi or wireless data is rather intensive and can indeed heat it up. And depending on the holster it's in, how it's constructed and what it's made of, that could make it even warmer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snakeyeskm
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones