1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S7 Plus?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pep, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Pep

Pep Android Enthusiast

Will there be a S7 Plus?

Pep

2. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

I don't think so, but who knows..

3. Drunder40

Drunder40 Well-Known Member

I am more interested in the S7 EDGE Plus. When I search the web on it.. Can't really find any info.. Would be great if others that know could chime in..

Thanks in advance!

#3 Drunder40, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  4. gregg1100

gregg1100 Android Enthusiast

Maybe because S7 Edge screen has gone up to 5.5" from 5.1(?) and the Note 6 perhaps will be 5.8", then there is no need for S7 +. One less phone to wait for updates on. Only Samsung knows for sure. Perhaps.

5. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

Pretty sure the S7 Edge+ will come out with the Note 6 after all the S7 & S7 Edge are kinda together, so is Note 6 & S7 Edge+ as they're the true Pablets. Isn't that what they did last year? I'm going to keep my Note 4 until August and see.

Maybe the Note 6 will be the combined features of Note 6 & S7 Edge+
    Wouldn't that be cool.

6. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Android Expert

I highly doubt that. I believe the S6 Edge+ was an experiment to see if the Edge version should just be a standard of the S line. Ask yourself, what will be the difference between a S7 Edge+ and the recently announced S7 Edge? Just like the Note Edge had its purpose. There was no continuation. It would be redundant in my honest opinion.

7. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

Everyone has a opinion AndroidifMe... I will stick with mine. :)

8. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast

I personally also think that this is their plan (assuming that sales for the GS7edge don't drop rock bottom) - during September/October, they will come out with the Note 6 and the GS7edge+ with both of them sporting a 6 inch screen. I really think Samsung is trying to pair these phones together. The "smaller" GS7 and edge now, and the larger Note6 and GS7edge+ later. It gives you the option of a bigger screen without a stylus when the Note6 comes out.

Edit: I think the larger phones are going to have the BRITECELL camera as well as touch pressure sensitive screens. Just my opinion.

jack58 likes this.
  9. gregg1100

gregg1100 Android Enthusiast

What I meant was, now the S7 Edge is screen 5.5" and Note 6 will be 5.7- 5.8 ish, there will not really be any need for another large screened S7 +. If I didn't hanker after a Note 6, then the S7 Edge would be perfectly ok for me.
    The S7 Edge looks and seems brilliant in real life---played with one in local Carphone Warehouse.

10. recDNA

recDNA Android Enthusiast

I have also read about note 6 having a 6 inch screen. I have no interest in a bigger phone than current note. I wish I knew for sure. If I have to choose between 5.5 and 6 I would take 5.5 inches.

11. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

.5 inches or .2 inches is not really that much smaller than the 6 inch... I may go ahead and get the S7 Edge when it comes out. I want to try it out first and compare it to my Note 4 first. No stylus is not a deal breaker as I don't use mine much anyways. I find the fine point stock stylus leaves marks on the screen that I have to clean off every time, so I end up using a separate softer stylus most of the time as I really hate any kind of marks, fingerprints on my screen.

12. rn4j0r

rn4j0r Lurker

Probably after 6-7 months of launch? I would really want one with a tiny bit larger screen.

13. meyerweb

meyerweb Android Enthusiast

I have no real desire, need, or use for the edge screen, but I want a bigger battery and screen than the S7 has. I'd probably buy an S7+ in a heartbeat (assuming it would be cheaper than the Edge).

Rose4uKy likes this.
  14. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

No S7 Edge Plus... the Note 6 will be released globally.

KOLIO likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews