1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

S7 screen disfiguration

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Danos171, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Danos171

Danos171 Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2017
    Hi guys this post is actually about my girlfriend's S7 but we can't access her phone to set up her account in forum. Yesterday the attached file shows what started happening to her screen. We have tried every way to fix. It will look fine and then go back after you hit home screen.. One thing I can say is that the phone got wet yesterday in a pool and then the issue started after that. Cant be a coincidence. But the S7 is meant to be waterproof and it was only underwater very briefly. Has anyone every come across this and is there a fix? I can only find help videos for screen of death and rainbow screen but none showing this particular flaw. Help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    That's almost certainly the AMOLED screen is kaput, replacement required. I guess your S7 wasn't as waterproof as it's supposed to be, maybe the seals have perished? How long have you had it, and has it ever been opened by anyone that wasn't Samsung authorized service?

3. Danos171

Danos171 Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2017
    She has had it for about a year and a half. You wouldn't believe it but the phone has some good somehow. Hasn't reverted back for over a day now. Can't explain it but ran alot of different diagnostics so hard to tell what the solution was. Got lucky I guess..

4. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2014
    Male
    Refrigeration in a sandwich bag of rice will help dry it out. The rice is optional...