• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S7 Settings Features missing from my phone

As I was watching videos showcasing some of the settings "Dos and Don'ts", there were a few that I couldn't find on my phone for the life of me.

Galaxy S7 with latest firmware
Sprint Carrier

Missing stuff like Download Booster, Info and app shortcuts (Under Settings and Lock Screens and Security), and Smart Lock settings to allow Bluetooth applications to keep the screen unlocked while in use (ie: smart watches, playing music)

If you guys know any workarounds please show me what I need to do. If there is nothing that can be done, please say for which of the above settings are these not fixable.

Thanks, and Droid On, Dudes!

The problem is you are using a US carrier branded phone. US phones are known to have several modifications compared to unlocked international counterparts due to carrier interference. So anything different from what you see on videos (which often show unlocked international versions) is because your carrier modified the firmware.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Non of it's probably fixable. I believe US carrier version S7s are unrootable so far. And rooting would definitely void the warranty anyway. You've got how Sprint wants the phone to be, rather than Samsung, and that's it. One reason why the phone was subsidized by the carrier, rather than paying the full retail price for an unlocked version, non-customized version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones