1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S7 Settings Features missing from my phone

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Jimmy_Sixx, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Jimmy_Sixx

Jimmy_Sixx Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Petroleum Resource Technician
    Savannah, GA
    As I was watching videos showcasing some of the settings "Dos and Don'ts", there were a few that I couldn't find on my phone for the life of me.

Galaxy S7 with latest firmware
    Sprint Carrier

Missing stuff like Download Booster, Info and app shortcuts (Under Settings and Lock Screens and Security), and Smart Lock settings to allow Bluetooth applications to keep the screen unlocked while in use (ie: smart watches, playing music)

If you guys know any workarounds please show me what I need to do. If there is nothing that can be done, please say for which of the above settings are these not fixable.

Thanks, and Droid On, Dudes!

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

The problem is you are using a US carrier branded phone. US phones are known to have several modifications compared to unlocked international counterparts due to carrier interference. So anything different from what you see on videos (which often show unlocked international versions) is because your carrier modified the firmware.

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Non of it's probably fixable. I believe US carrier version S7s are unrootable so far. And rooting would definitely void the warranty anyway. You've got how Sprint wants the phone to be, rather than Samsung, and that's it. One reason why the phone was subsidized by the carrier, rather than paying the full retail price for an unlocked version, non-customized version.

4. Jimmy_Sixx

Jimmy_Sixx Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Petroleum Resource Technician
    Savannah, GA
    Oh ok. I do remember that sometimes features are just hidden like Verizon did with Download Booster on the S5. On there you just downloaded the Nova Launcher, and you were able to find the app hidden away.

I was hoping this was the case for these phones.