1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S7 trouble shutting down media player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gnystrom, Apr 11, 2020.

1. gnystrom

gnystrom Newbie

When I am listening to a podcast or music, even if I close all programs, the music will still play and I can find no way to turn it off except to restart the phone. I can find anything running in the background. There must be an easy answer.
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what app are you using?

#2 ocnbrze, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Xavier Black, mikedt and MrJavi like this.
  3. gnystrom

gnystrom Newbie

ES media player

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  4. ocnbrze

not familiar with it. does come included with es file explorer? or from the same developer? it is well documented that es file explorer comes with adware and other junk you do not need. it was removed from the play store sometime last year (i believe).

if it is not from the same developers, have you tried different media player?

MrJavi and Xavier Black like this.
  5. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

If it's playing, touch the box at the bottom right lower corner of the screen. Your open apps will appear, just swipe thru them til you get to ES and maximize it, and choose stop....

MrJavi, Xavier Black and ocnbrze like this.
  6. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Expert

If that didn't work..you can force to stop your app..or the sound file..you do not need to be rebooting

Dannydet and MrJavi like this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Definitely try a different media player, I suggest Foobar 2000, it's what I use, and it's FOSS(free open source software), so nasty spyware and adware, unlike ES

MrJavi and Dannydet like this.
  8. gnystrom

gnystrom Newbie

Thank you all. ES file explorer has been my app of choice and it does come with a Media Player. I will try a different media player and see if that works. I appreciate all your suggestions. Good people here.

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  9. ocnbrze

yeah es file explorer was popular until controversy after controversy with the app.
    so i would not use it, if i were you. i would ditch anything related to es;)

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews