• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 Unroot / unflash (edge)

Hi

So I want to unroot/unflash my S7 edge after a "root gone wrong", or well, it didnt actually go wrong but I changed my mind and wanted to "unroot". I recided to use an app (i know that was probably the dumbest thing ever, idk) and pressed "Unroot". My device restarted but I'm still getting messages saying "Un--authorized changes has been made. Restart to undo" or something like that. I've restarted plenty of time and formatted a couple of times but there's something called "teamwin recovery project" that keeps on popping up when booting up.

First of all, I would like to get rid of it and second of all, it is preventing me from updating my firmware which means I'm running quite a old version (not an old android version, but an old "software/update" version with fixes, new features etc.

I cant even download netflix because my device doesnt "support" it.

help me please

8f36d2fcdf583a955e7e09eb1f23d3ba.png
856dffffbb6f4c766de18a80ee20435f.png

Upvote 0
This should be the current released firmware
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s7-edge/SM-G935F/NEE/download/G935FXXU1DQD7/131687/
Create a free account at Sammobile. Free download is slow but trusted site for stock firmware. Instructions for flashing are at the bottom of the download page.
When "Add the firmware file to AP / PDA", how do I add the entire folder? I can only choose one file at a time. I extracted it all to a folder because it cant find it when in a zip file.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Kies doesnt work and I cant find "Firmware Update and Initilzation" option in smartswitch. All I see is Emergency format of software and initialzation.
Same thing. Been a while since I have used it.
I'm downloading the firmware now to take a look. You shouldn't have to open the file after you unzip it. I'll post screen shots of Odin in a few min when download finishes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones