1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General S7 unsupported Sd Card error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cgalpha08, Apr 20, 2016.

1. cgalpha08

cgalpha08 Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    All, randomly out of no where today i started having trouble accessing my pics, then my phone told me my sd card was unsupported and needed to be formatted. Ive used the card for about a month now in my s7 with no issues what so ever. It had previously been in my s4. I am currently running recovery software on my pc on the sd card to try and recover anything. The PC wont read it, it assigns a drive name but says it needs to be formatted in order to work. This is a sandisk micro sd 128gb card. If anyone has any info that may help, please send it my way. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
  3. cgalpha08

cgalpha08 Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    KOLIO likes this.
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    No luck in reading it via PC while installed in the phone,or,directly via PC?

5. cgalpha08

cgalpha08 Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    No, it sates that it needs to be formatted to be read. Windows does assign a drive letter of D: hopefully the recovery software works.

6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    If the card is installed in the phone & if you have the option to unmount,try removing the SD Card & then,do a cache partition wipe,the re-install see if that helps.
    Otherwise just try the cache partition wipe,you won't lose/hurt anything by doing so:

cgalpha08 likes this.
  7. cgalpha08

cgalpha08 Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2016
    Male
    Unfortunately i can't mount or un-mount. i can format it through the phone and i may have to do that. I just want all of the pics and vids I had. Most, about 99% of everything was backed up through carbonite.

I'm just trying to see if anyone has dealt with S7's corrupting sd cards (heard this happened on older models), or if there was something known that caused it to happen or I could do to make sure it didn't happen again.

KOLIO likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.