• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 video Camera records only 1-2 minutes then freezes.

Tom Golden

Lurker
Jul 9, 2018
I love my S7 and it has been flawless since i got it. Now though my camera, which I also love, seems to be having trouble with video. When I take a video it starts recording just fine but freezes in mid recording. When I go to push the stop button it takes a long time before it clears (1-2 minutes?) and then it shows the video in the "last taken" spot on the phone screen. I touch that and the video comes up. It plays for about a minute and a half but then freezes. Screen goes black and no sound, no pic. The length of the video that is listed is the correct amount of time but the actual video successfully recorded is only 1.5 minutes or so. I tried changing aspect ratio (I had been using the odd 1440x1440 and wondered if that might be the culprit) Nope, does the same thing with 16:9. I have it set to record to my SD cad which has >50GB available. My system drive still has 10GB or so.

I tried a restart but no help.

Thanks very much for any ideas you might have?

Tom

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones