• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S7e Losing All Sounds Randomly

milkpudding

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
My phone loses all output sounds, including alarm, randomly. I have yet to figure out why because sometimes I can go through almost a day without the issue and sometimes it happens 2-3 times a day.

And when it happens, nothing I do seems to be able to get the phone to produce a sound. My only solution is to restart the phone and everything will be back to normal. I've checked the sound or do not disturb setting, they are normal and I've not blocked any app. It's really annoying because I have missed an alarm in the morning as there was no sound.

Please share if you have any idea what's happening or how to fix this issue.

No, nothing is connected. but, heres something I found interesting. I use Firefox as my default with yahoo search. When I ran the same You Tube video through Chrome searching (through google I had no problem with video. Im wondering if maybe some "add on" I put in FF is causing the problem? Later Im going to remove all and see what happens. The one thing I question about that though....is how would that affect my own videos that I run? Im going to run several tests on different videos first with add ons, then without, then if needed with FF completely deleted off my phone. We'll see. i will update if this solves my problem. Thanks for response.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones