1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S7e Losing All Sounds Randomly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by milkpudding, Mar 27, 2016.

1. milkpudding

milkpudding Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    My phone loses all output sounds, including alarm, randomly. I have yet to figure out why because sometimes I can go through almost a day without the issue and sometimes it happens 2-3 times a day.

And when it happens, nothing I do seems to be able to get the phone to produce a sound. My only solution is to restart the phone and everything will be back to normal. I've checked the sound or do not disturb setting, they are normal and I've not blocked any app. It's really annoying because I have missed an alarm in the morning as there was no sound.

Please share if you have any idea what's happening or how to fix this issue.

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    When this happens, are the volume sliders still in their normal on positions or do they appear to be set back to the zero level?
    Have you tried playing music when the phone is silent?

3. milkpudding

milkpudding Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    It's at normal position and the sound profile is set to normal. There's no sound even when I press the volume buttons.

4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    If the sliders were moved to the off position when this bug occurred, I would guess that it's an app or a simpler software solution. The fact that they are in normal positions and the phone is not working seems to indicate a more serious problem. Unless one of the other members has a solution, I would suggest a factory reset to see if that would solve the problem and failing that, taking it back to the source you purchased it from.

5. Lyeatin

Lyeatin Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2016
    Male
    I've been having the same issue no solution yet

6. onesilyolgal

onesilyolgal Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Im Having the same issue. video playback cuts out every time i play a video. you tube, my own, etc. music playback seems fine though admittedly I havent lustened to much.

7. bhl62

bhl62 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 19, 2010
    Do you have a Bluetooth speaker paired that might still be in range and auto-connected? Ran into this yesterday when I didn't turn off the hands-free speaker in the car and it stayed connected when I was in the house.

onesilyolgal likes this.
  8. onesilyolgal

onesilyolgal Lurker
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    No, nothing is connected. but, heres something I found interesting. I use Firefox as my default with yahoo search. When I ran the same You Tube video through Chrome searching (through google I had no problem with video. Im wondering if maybe some "add on" I put in FF is causing the problem? Later Im going to remove all and see what happens. The one thing I question about that though....is how would that affect my own videos that I run? Im going to run several tests on different videos first with add ons, then without, then if needed with FF completely deleted off my phone. We'll see. i will update if this solves my problem. Thanks for response.

9. Lyeatin

Lyeatin Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2016
    Male
    Well after a week. I think my issue comes down to my bottom speaker having a poor connection. Tends to go out at different angels randomly.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.