1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S7Edge turns off and I can't turn it back on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Leonardo181, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Leonardo181

Leonardo181 Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2016
    Male
    So, I have a S7 Edge (the Exynos one) since 28th of July. It's brand new, I only installed apps from secure stores, only changed settings that don't need root... anyway, used as normal as could be.

However, 1th of August was only trouble. The phone turned off while I was listening to music. Then, it wouldn't turn on. Before it stopped responding, it was hot, very hot. I was able to turn on only when I put it to charge.

Since then, this happened a lot. Sometimes very hot, sometimes not. Sometimes I was using Snapchat or turning on the 4G and suddenly was off. Even one time, while I was sleeping and the phone was with offline mode on, it stopped.

I use a CPU app to look into it. But never saw the temp. over 39ºC.

Talked to Samsung Concierge, did the things and for a while, was ok, but hours latter, off. No luck with wipe cache or factory reset either. I have no idea of what to do now. I can't go to the assistance tomorrow or the day after and really need the phone. Someone please, know what the damn hell is going on with it?

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    If it's getting hot and turning off is an issue, could be you need a replacement battery.

Leonardo181 likes this.
  3. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Aug 2, 2011
    Male
    UK
    If its doing the same after a factory reset with no added apps, then its certainly a hardware/battery issue

Leonardo181 likes this.
  4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    As Chanchan05 and Hawker indicated, you most probably have a defective battery. The S7 is designed to shut down once its internal sensors record high temperatures.
    However if you desperately need your phone immediately, go to settings and shut off Location, and where not necessary Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Also turn off sync. Now put into Ultra Power Saving Mode/Power saving mode and keep your fingers crossed that it does not continue to overheat.
    Best of luck

Leonardo181 likes this.
  5. Leonardo181

Leonardo181 Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2016
    Male
    Oh, well...
    I guess it is the only thing that makes sense. I had hope that it was a hardware setting issue, I mean, the first days were great.

Thank y'all. I'll try to use it in Ultra Power Saving Mode, 'cause the "normal" Power Saving Mode was a no go.

Edit:

I did one more test, used Safe Mode. Believe me, the phone is hot, I activated everything that I could and... it's working. It seems like it isn't a battery or even CPU overheating, but a RAM issue (everytime i cleaned the RAM memory, the phone could last a little longer). So... I think that i will use the Safe Mode and wait to change for a new S7 Edge.

#5 Leonardo181, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  6. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Good for you. Best of luck

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.