1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S8 front lens

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by S8 user, Jul 13, 2019.

1. S8 user

S8 user Newbie

So...wife dicked her phone. Dropped it and cracked the glass top corner and the bottom corner.

Is this actual glass? I bought an 'original S8 replacement lens' it seems more plastic. But I think it goes down with two sided tape not the glue I've seen on videos. Anyone try this or do it? Looking at the videos I'm less adventurous than when I bought it.

Do places actually replace this as opposed to the whole screen and digitizer? Really dont want to spend 300$ to have it fixed right now.

Looking on your experiences....have you done it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

this is why i always get a screen protector. never replaced the screen.....always ended up either upgrading or paying my deductible and got a replacement for it.

there is always ifixit.com if you want a diy project. they also have parts and guides to help you out.

S8 user likes this.
  3. S8 user

S8 user Newbie

Yeah...there was atleast a plastic one on and her sister pulled it off. 'Faceplam'

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

5. S8 user

S8 user Newbie

6. S8 user

S8 user Newbie

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews