• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S8 hard reset not rebooting without my interfering manually.

bunraku

Nov 26, 2009
Hi

Yesterday my S8 got a virus or a bug. It went very slow and when powering off or restarting the phone all I would get is a white screen. The only way to get rid off the white screen was to press volume down and power off at the same time so the phone would reboot.

Anyway eventually decide to do a hard reset and when it rebooted it was stuck on the 3 logo(My network) and the only way I could get rid of this was again to do volume down and power off. After doing this phone would then start the whole reset process and start installing android apps etc.

My question is why did my phone not reboot correctly after doing the hard reset? This wasn’t just once as I did this 3 times and every time it hung on the 3 logo and I would have to V-+Power to get it to continue. This makes me think there is still some sort of issue with my phone. Any ideas? I am quite happy to reset again if it will resolve this?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones