• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S8 - How to extend screen time when on a call

Dave3d

Jul 20, 2017
Hello, its me again.
My Tmobile did an update, and it seems to have done an os update also.
Well, the problem I am now having is this:
I can NOT get the phone to stay on when I am on a call anymore. It goes black after 5 seconds.
I dont have my ear to the phone.
I dont have a 'Home' screen anymore, OR a 'Lock' screen (I removed them because I kept missing stuff because I could not get to them fast enough, swipe, swipe, or opened other stuff by mistake trying to open the screens.
So, when I want to unlock my phone from regular not using it, I just press the power button and it goes to the home screen. That works fine.
But, when I make a call, I NEED the screen to stay ON, because I have to press buttons (Dr. 's, pharmacies, etc, anything that has a menu, which is EVERYTHING nowadays), but the screen goes dark and I have to either KEEP pressing or swiping to get it to stay on, or press the power button when it goes to complete black mode.
This is TERRIBLE, and VERY frustrating, and has caused me to drop the phone a few times now.
Screen timeout says ten minutes, and that works for every screen except the Calls/Phone screen during calls.

Does anyone know how to solve this?
PLEASE help, you guys are the best.
I cant find out how to make it work on google, so you guys are it.
:)

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones