1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

S8 kicks me out of games

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joeysworld4, Sep 2, 2017.

1. joeysworld4

joeysworld4 Lurker
    None

Sep 2, 2017
    I just got a samsung galaxy s8 and for some reason it kicks me out randomly when I am playing my games. It only does this when I am at my house so does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    "Kicks you out" sounds like games are crashing. So to pin it down some more information might be useful, e.g. which games (all or just some, and are they particularly intensive), whether it really happens randomly or only after some time, or when trying to do particular things, whether the phone is becoming hot when it happens, any other observation that occurs to you.

Since it only happens when at home, what is different in how you use it there? Two things that occur to me are that you are probably on your home WiFi (would you be on WiFi elsewhere, or on mobile data, are these Internet connected games, are there other things which might happen only when on WiFi?) and maybe you are charging the phone while playing. If the latter is true, do you get crashes if you are not charging? If not it could be due to overheating (charging and gaming both generate heat, so doing both together is pretty much a worst case - also not good for the battery in the long term).

So I don't know the answer, these are just my initial thoughts and questions.

Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8