• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S8, not roaming

Shekinab

Lurker
Mar 17, 2019
Thank you all; going crazy here.

SMG950U
Software version:G950USQS5CSB1

S8 works at home (Switzerland), but get "Not registered on network" anywhere else.

If I get a local SIM in other countries, it works, so the problem seems to be in roaming mode only. If I move the Swiss SIM to another phone, even a very old one, it works, too. I then suspect the problem is the phone.

Important: I used to live in New York, and I bought the phone from a US provider. The phone is unlocked (works in Switzerland with Swiss SIM). I mention this in case it helps.

My take is the phone is not working in roaming mode, but it used to when I had the US SIM.

I've searched the web, and I've done everything I've found: pull out SIM, reset networks, etc. I have even got a new SIM (in case the other one was faulty), and I've even performed a factory reset.

I'm desperate :)

I'll appreciate any help I can get.

lg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones