1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S8 sidebar notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by betheriver, Aug 28, 2017.

1. betheriver

betheriver Lurker

Hi everyone, I'm a new S8 owner. I've googled this and had very little success. My wife has an S7. She gets notifications on her edge panel when the phone is locked, including texts, what song is playing if she is using Spotify, etc. It also looks like she can swipe her finger and see more stuff without unlocking the phone. (I believe it's called an information stream).

I understand how to use the side panel on the S8 when the phone is unlocked, but I can't seem to achieve the above functionality. Was this removed on the S8? If so, that would be a shame as it's one of the best parts of the edge in my opinion.

Thanks for any help here!

Scott

#1 betheriver, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. betheriver

betheriver Lurker

Thanks for the help, but I guess I wasn't clear in my question. When I choose apps for notifications, I get those notifications on the lock screen but NOT on the edge panel, like the S7 does. I would like this functionality so I can view notifications on the edge without waking up my phone. Thanks anyway!

3. belveder69

belveder69 Lurker

I miss this from the S7 Edge as well, got so used to it, kind of kills the S8 without it

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews