1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S9 automatically shuts off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Billybronco, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Billybronco

Billybronco Member

So I just got this new Galaxy S9 and while plowing through the settings I think I chose something if I remember correctly that said automatically shut off if not used for so many hours. So my phone shuts off at night time after about 8 hours of sitting idle I cannot find this setting again as I do not want it to shut off. I do have it set to restart but I don't want it to shut off does someone know where the setting is?

2. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Go into your phones setting page and search for Auto Restart. Start that up and disable it.

This was the closest thing I could find to what you have turned on.

Attached Files:

3. I'll second that, Auto Restart is the only setting I can find on my S9 that does this assuming we are talking about built-in functions and not carrier or user installed apps.
    It might help if you specified the exact model # of your S9 as well as your carrier and what Android version. The S9 originally came with 8 but has been updated to 9 although the update may not be available for all models or carriers.

JAy3001 likes this.
  4. Billybronco

Billybronco Member

Thanks, my phone carrier is AT&T and yes that's the first thing I'm going to try shutting off auto start and see what happens.

5. Billybronco

Billybronco Member

Okay, I figured out what was going on. When the phone did the auto restart after that it was looking for a passcode as a security measure before the phone would turn on. I shut that off and now it restarts and the phone is on ready to go when I wake up, thanks for your help.

Samsung Galaxy S9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.8" screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews