1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S9+ slow and stuttering

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gimpzorgaming, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Gimpzorgaming

Gimpzorgaming Lurker

Hey everyone. I got my S9+ brand new on launch day from best buy unlocked. The phone was great for several months, but now my phone gets to the point that it's almost completely unresponsive. Restarting the phone fixes the issue, but it inevitably does it again. When it happens I have one or two applications running, but nothing that uses much resources at all. Also battery life has become an issue as well. I check device maintenance and it always gives me a score of 90 out of 100. I don't get the 10 extra points because I don't run the anti virus. Do you all know anything that may be wrong? I don't have any bloatware on the phone and minimal apps. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

If you have received any system or security updates, clearing the System Cache may help.
    These instructions are for the TMobile version but should work for any model number
    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37180

Hadron likes this.
  3. Gimpzorgaming

Gimpzorgaming Lurker

Thank you, I will give that a try here shortly and report back

4. Gimpzorgaming

Gimpzorgaming Lurker

Also, will this cause a reset of all system settings? Or, what all will I lose?

5. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

6. Gimpzorgaming

Gimpzorgaming Lurker

Thank you. I just wanted to make sure. I know on some electronics when you clear cache, it will clear some saved settings for said device. Just wanted to make sure before I do this.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  7. Gimpzorgaming

Gimpzorgaming Lurker

Just performed the clear. Will keep you updated if the issue still persists.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  8. Gimpzorgaming

Gimpzorgaming Lurker

So far so good. Thank you

Jfalls63 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.2" screen, 12MP camera, 6GB storage, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews