1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S9 Woes...Touch sounds vs Sound on Keypress and more

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RC90RR, Nov 22, 2018.

1. RC90RR

RC90RR Member

Dec 30, 2014
    I just got the new S9 and it was about time because my S6 was just dying a slow death and taking me with it. Now, being said that, I have some issues that I don't know if its me because there are just too many options on this new phone or the phone needs to be repaired or even exchange for a new one.

Got a 300 off deal with Best buy on the AT&T next and after some initial issues I was able to take 2 home, wife's S5 was also on the fritz but I have had 2 days of trying to put it how I like it and I am finding myself getting more annoyed instead of enjoying my new phone

* I have gone and installed the Gboard because for me the samsung keyboard lacks a little bit of what I like to have on my phone. I love the Gboard on my S6 and I do so here but there is just no way I can take the Sound on Keypress OFF unless I turn OFF the Touch Sounds as well so now, nothing on the screen makes a sound. I have done what I know and search on google but can't find anything to make it work.

Also, everything I find in Google seems to be for a different phone because the options to use (even looking at the image) seem to be missing from my phone... phone specs at the bottom.

I know there are more issues but for now, all I can remember are these ones...

** App drawer button is missing... Googled this to no avail

*** Wi-Fi off when phone sleeps... S6 was doing this and it was one of the reasons why I got the S9. I don't find the irony funny at all :D . Google did not make my feel warm and fuzzy inside either.

Model ........................................ SM-G960U
    Android Version ......................... 8.0.0
    Samsung Experience Version ... 9.0
    Android Security Patch Level .... October 1, 2018

Advertisement

2. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Jan 30, 2013
    Male
    Paris <--> Taipei
    11-23_09:04:55.jpg

On my phone Gboard has a button to turn the keyboard sound off. It has nothing to do with touch sound on other place.

Jfalls63 and svim like this.
  3. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Jan 30, 2013
    Male
    Paris <--> Taipei
    Regarding the app drawer button, you could try another launcher, each launcher has its own design and features.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    App drawer buttons have become rare in the last 2 years. Many, perhaps most, now use a swipe up from the bottom to open the drawer. I don't know whether the s9 has an option to show this, otherwise as lvt says you can install another launcher that does offer it if you want one.

Samsung always mess with menus more than anyone else, so I'd include s9 in your search string when looking for settings info on the web.

5. yknujssab

yknujssab Android Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2012
    Male
    BakersHELL, CA
    Here is how to get the app drawer button to show.
    Go to Settings, Display, Home screen, Apps button. From there you can show or hide the apps button.