1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sad day for Incredible root users

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iowabowtech, Sep 20, 2011.

1. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Just visited my old friend Doug Piston's site today and noticed his final blog entry...

THE END
    Come 10/1/2011 this site will be no more. It has been fun while it lasted but time for me dedicate my time else where.

Just wanted to say thanks man for all the effort you put forth helping Inc users (and others) over the past many months/years. The hosted files were always a click away and it was appreciated. Since it appears that will no longer be the case, this thread is also meant to be an early warning to anyone who might want to obtain certain files while they're still available. I'm sure many of these can be found elsewhere but the validity can be questionable which is not the case with anything on his site.

Advertisement

DrHack and doug piston like this.
  2. icn4d

icn4d Newbie

Sorry to hear sounds like he was instrumental in development. What would that site be?

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

www.dougpiston.com

He wasn't exactly a developer, but a keeper of Inc resources. Also helped solve a lot of problems for this phone.

4. Wpz2000

Wpz2000 Well-Known Member

Doug's a super nice guy. I'll bet the lack of time and the rash of rude people just got the better of him. Did you notice there is not even an 'About Me' on his site...

iowabowtech likes this.
  5. doug piston

doug piston Well-Known Member

Iowabowtech, thank you for the kind words. Was very nice of you. It has been a pleasure working with you and getting info out to this forum.

I never put up an about me because frankly, I am not that intersting. :) Plus I wasn't trying to self promote.

I posted another post explaining the situation a little better as the last post was a bit dramatic, that wasn't my intention. You can go there and read it if you please I won't post it here and bore you all.

iowabowtech likes this.
  6. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert

I fully understand you reasoning and thank you for all you have done.

iowabowtech likes this.