1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Sad Day for the Android Community

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OutOfPhase, Jan 10, 2012.

1. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member
    None

Dec 7, 2010
    Retired Lineman
    Tampa, FL
    I noticed today that there were not tweets from Droid Th3ory, so I started doing some looking and found this. This is quoted from DT nexus thread over at Rootzwikki.

I don't know exactly what happened but who ever pulled this crap has done a great disservice to the android community by pushing one of the better developers away from users who appreciate the work he did and accomplished. Just remember who hand a hand in developing R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R Root for the BIONIC every time you need to save your *** when you are bootlooping.

Advertisement

BobbyL, chile62, YankeeDudeL and 8 others like this.
  2. Jeffery

Jeffery Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Marco Island, Florida
    That totally sucks! People are so rude, the whole point of android is open source and giving credit to make things betterfor everyone!

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    The problem lies in the basic nature of human beings - and those of us that cannot transcend above that basic nature.

tehsusenoh and fyrmd like this.
  4. WA_Bob

WA_Bob Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    Male
    Forester
    West edge of the East Texas Piney Woods
    Yes - And unfortunately, those "cannots" have accounts and can do some real damage with them by being trolls. It boggles my mind that they exist and that you can find them on almost any forum on any topic. AND that they're ready to make sure they ruin things for ALL of us. :(

5. swc2001

swc2001 Android Expert
    None

Aug 28, 2010
    Rubber Duck Salesman
    Chattanooga, TN
    Yeah I saw that same kind of mess in the LG Ally community. Bunch of politics Devs fighting Devs, back biting and Devs leaving. Its not Cool

Sorry someone so pure of heart and intentions had to get burned like this.
    Very Sad.

For what its worth I am sorry you had to go through that Jason. :(

6. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    From what I have read was another dev was accusing him of stealing his work along with dealing with idiots who shouldnt have a smartphone. People seem to ignore the OP and always bitch and complain about how to thatthis and that. Also his website was hacked. Its simple once you root your phone you take risks. Installing someones rom doesnt give you the right to bitch and whine about why this and that dont work. Its his work, his project, his hobby. You dont like it then dont install it. Only you and only you chose to take that risk to install his work. People are bitching about him being sensitive. I say to hell with them. He does what he wants with his work. Its sad to see DT go and I hope the same doesnt happen to DH. I want my ICS fix >.>

7. Vixer

Vixer Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Jason (DT),

You have done wonderful work and I love Kin3t3x as I did R3l3as3d.

Like others have said "to hell with them".

You will be sorely missed by a lot of people for your outstanding and high quality efforts.

BobbyL, wyzird and WA_Bob like this.
  8. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member
    None

This is really a shame. I thought the same way he did and that everything here was open and free (unless you wanted to donate). I'm glad I read this because I was toying with the idea of trying to create a custom ROM.

I thank the OP and "Jason" for the insight and say that I am disappointed in the "community" for letting this happen (no one here obviously). He made great custom ROMs and will be missed among giants (imo).

Too bad we lost a great one.

9. al23

al23 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Scientific Review Officer
    Columbia, MD

10. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Student
  11. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Sounds like the Blackdroid nonsense all over again.

12. RDKamikaze

RDKamikaze Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Unknown
    This is terrible news!! At first I thought maybe someone fundamentally important might have died, but it's worse!! My favorite dev for my favorite phone quit because of the few haters in the world!

This is a terrible start to my day :( :( We should all write letters to him to let him know how much he will be missed. Maybe if the community shows him how much he is missed, then he might come back some day!

13. BobbyL

BobbyL Newbie
    None

Jan 2, 2010
    I remember when Kinetix was released for the Bionic with the various PAX; then a dev got nasty on his thread, I followed the thread because I installed the ROM and was patiently and excitedly waiting for a maintenance update DT said he was gonna grind out before working on the Razr.

It's a shame! DT, DH and their crew brought a lot of excitement to the droid dev community. I'm not a dev but after witnessing what these guys were capable of; in so short a time they've been around, has inspired me to get into the dev scene.

The Theory team guys worked fast and furiously, they helped a lot of droid users and they always gave credit to those that deserved it. I think it was jealousy, butthurt egos and it's a dam shame!:mad: