• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sad News For GALAXY S4 OS Development!

D

Deleted User

As you all know with games and apps being updated and requiring more horse power and RAM its hard to say that 2018 will be the final year i will be supporting the Samsung GALAXY S4 with custom roms for gaming,

Over 3 years i have supported the S4 & Brought amazing Gaming OS Varity keeping the S4 alive & giving users options of what taste of a operating system they choose to use. This hasnt bern an easy road since the S4 costed me over $100 to maintain by replacing parts that break after 6 months of use i cannot proceed in doing this, however this isnt the reason why i'm ending support for the Samsung GALAXY S4.

The reason i'm dropping support is because we are soon to be upgrading to the Samsung GALAXY S7 T-Mobile Version and develop the Next Gen Gaming OS to bring the S7 to a whole new era, now i understand if you feel that i shouldn't but the hardware isn't enough to be standard these days with top games such as Ark Survival Evolved and ShadowGun: Legends Showdown & PUBG requiring 2GB to 3GB of RAM we want to ensure were in the same game as other hardware that we can afford.

Hopefully in the future you can upgrade your hardware so you all will still recive updates and improve our way we think gaming should be on the go...we will still be updating the OS till we announce on this thread when we will drop support but until then the current available OS's will be updated to an extent of their life cycle, however we have stopped all future OS development as of right now so Android 8.0+ will not be comming to the S4 from my end sorry for the inconvience and hope you all enjoyed my OS while it lasted.

Date of official discontinuation: 8/4/2018

Last edited by a moderator:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones