1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sad to see little activity for this device.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaman29, Aug 21, 2012.

1. jaman29

jaman29 Android Enthusiast

Let me start by saying that I love this phone. It is a great device. And I am extremely happy for my purchase. This phone is absolutely perfect for me. And at 45 dollars a month unlimited everything, I cant go wrong. Also, I would like to say thank you to the developers who have created roms/mods/kernels for this device. Coming from the og evo 4g, where there was thousands of people in the forums to 100's of developers working on the device and people talking about the device everywhere to the one v is a little disheartening. I think this device deserves more attention. It has some of the newest software, camera chip, and a top notch ui. It makes me a little sad that most(not all) developers, go for the top notch "flagship" devices while the "middle of the road" ( although i dont think the one v should be called this) devices get swept under the rug. I am hoping that some light gets shed on this device, because it is worth it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jaman29

I have already gotten 3 people to buy this device and they came from gigantic screen phones like I also did and couldnt be happier with this phone. I have found a home at this forum and will continue to support this device. Its a great phone.

3. jaman29

It seems this device may never get the kind of attention that the "flagship" devices receive....

4. Spiify

Spiify Newbie

The phone is still pretty new, even more so compared to the EVO 4G. The more dev support the better but things are not that bad. We have CM9, CM10, MIUI, other roms and a few kernals. Give it time things will more than likely pick up.

5. jaman29

Yeah thats what Im hoping for:) I was talking about the original evo 4g though:) But yeah, this one v is awesome!

6. Spiify

Spiify Newbie

Indeed it is. What version do you have?

7. jaman29

Hardware version or from what carrier? I have hardware version 0002 and the carrier is Virgin Mobile. Its the cdma one.

8. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Like others have mentioned the One V is a fantastic phone and the perfect size (for me). This easily feels like a new version of the original Desire, which was my previous phone. I bought the phone out-right for $289.00 Canadian, a flagship HTC phone is about $550+, and imho it's not twice the phone.

I rooted and flashed CM10 (Jellybean) on my One V, [ROM][PrimoU/GSM] 22/8/12 CM10 B13 *Unofficial* - xda-developers The stock 'feel' wasn't too laggy to begin with but once you have experienced JB on the One V the speed and memory recovered is far better with no Sense interface/apps.

9. Ssscrudddy

Ssscrudddy Member

I'm using the CM9 ROM, it's nice & quick. I had to manually enter my mobile data settings, but they are doing a patch for that. There are 1 or 2 little bugs, I've only noticed 1 myself (very occasionally get garbled text) but it's only happened twice. Very usable as a daily. I'm just waiting on the CM10 to be more complete before I try it.

Edit to say I'm using GSM. But I think they have some CDMA stuff over at Xda

10. Spiify

Spiify Newbie

There is indeed stuff for the cdma version. There is even a kernal for it. I have yet to root and rom but I think I will do it this weekend.

HTC One V Forum

The HTC One V release date was April 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2012
Release Date
Reviews