1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johndawg57, Aug 9, 2012.

1. johndawg57

johndawg57 Newbie

Does "Safe Mode" have any use on the Rezound? I did not know it even existed till I was just looking on Verizons support site for the phone and it listed the procedure to get into safe mode. Supposed to not load any third party apps you have downloaded but it seemed to do nothing other than display safe mode and change my wallpaper. Is it because I am rooted, s-off and unlocked that it does nothing? Or is it doing something I don't see. I am currently running the ICS OTA. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

it is doing stuff you dont see. mainly,not letting your 3rd party apps run. you may still see them in your app drawer,but your phone should be running without them.

if you download something that goes completely bonkers and takes over control of your phone,and doesnot let it boot,safe mode should let you boot the phone,and get rid of that app. or factory reset. or whatever else may fix your prollem :)

a good example may be set cpu. if youve got it set to "set on boot" and put in too high a clock speed,causeing the phone to reboot continuously,safe mode would let you boot it and either delete or possibly cahnge setcpu settings.

ive not really messed with it much,so i cant give any definates on what it will and wont let you do. ive really only done the same as you-booted to it to see what happens. :p

obscuro likes this.
  3. johndawg57

johndawg57 Newbie

Sweet, I was thinking about messing with the cpu controls in Tasker but was afraid if I made a tweak that stalled out the processor I'd be SOL, no worries now if I can boot with it disabled.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews