1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SAFE MODE???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iram, Jan 21, 2016.

1. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

not sure what happened. I shut phone off every night to charge. A few minutes ago turned phone on and it was in SAFE MODE didnt even know there was such....In mode some apps and folders didnt show
    I rebooted phone and it appears to be back to normal EXCEPT am missing some folders I set up and possibly some apps but just cant figure which ones other than my Big Buttons keyboard app needed to be reset.

Has anyone encountered this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

Ok just realized the Flashlight widget I had had also disappeared but was able to rest it

3. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Safe mode only allows system apps to run. I've noticed it also causes some widgets and such to reset. I don't know why it just put itself into safe mode...sounds like some sort of error occurred to trigger it, although I don't know what.

4. andMego

andMego Android Enthusiast

Maybe you pressed the volume button while it was booting accidentally

5. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

interesting...I dont recall if I hit volume button......however I did realize that it WAS only widgets that disappeared ....that was easy to fix

6. HasH_BrowN

HasH_BrowN Android Expert

I thought safe mode was
    Power + Vol. D + Home

bg4m3r likes this.
  7. andMego

andMego Android Enthusiast

Not sure it was just a guess

8. PimpinEZ

PimpinEZ Well-Known Member

i recently cleaned my buttons with bleach and water because they got sticky and removed all the pocket lint out of the ear and speaker grills. its probably safer to use some iso alcohol if you have it but i just let it dry for 8 hrs

#8 PimpinEZ, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  9. HasH_BrowN

Lol. Huh?

10. PimpinEZ

sticky buttons = wierd boots

HasH_BrowN likes this.
  11. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

Wow come to think of it while I did not clean any buttons I did just as I was booting up was cleaning the screen protector with a dab of cleaning solution on a piece of cloth....didnt even occur to me till just now..maybe that was the cause

12. PimpinEZ

yeah my phone booted into twrp by itself and i was like huh. then i grab my water bleach solution and just squirted the buttons. until they felt like brand new.

13. ScarletRooter

ScarletRooter Well-Known Member

Nope, the safe mode hotkeys is Volume "UP" when you boot on the device, just hold the volume up while it's booting and it'll boot into safe mode

andMego likes this.
  14. SykkNyzz

SykkNyzz Android Enthusiast

I thought it was hold power button then hold the reboot when the window pops up.

HasH_BrowN likes this.
  15. SykkNyzz

SykkNyzz Android Enthusiast

Here's a screenshot (cm based series)

Attached Files:

16. HasH_BrowN

It is, plus there is one from when it's turned off too. Just haven't tried it when off yet, but it involves holding the home button with some others.

SykkNyzz and ScarletRooter like this.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews