1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Safe Overclock setting's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by patsfann, Jan 13, 2013.

1. patsfann

patsfann Well-Known Member

I am on 2fast's xfuzzion ics & his v5 kernel... I have it set @ smartass 2 & deadline ..245-1804...... Is that safe ???????

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pl0323

pl0323 Well-Known Member

That's pretty high, how long is your battery lasting? I have the same rom & kernal, 245-1516, smartassV2, noop. This runs pretty smooth for me.

If your using SetCPU, make sure in safe mode u create a setcpu safemode file on your sd card, so u can boot in case the phone becomes unstable.

patsfann likes this.
  3. grad061980

grad061980 Newbie

1.8 is as high as you want to go on this kernel. Anything over that is unstable (reboots & lockups) . When I tested the kernel for 2fast 1.8 is what I always ran on the max side. Ran well & battery was not too shabby.

patsfann likes this.
  4. Lizzord30

Lizzord30 Well-Known Member

I was able to get mine stable at 2ghz with uping the mv to 1550mV But that is alot higher then you probably should run it and expect it to last. Personally I wouldn't run anything over 1.5ghz on a daily bases.

patsfann likes this.
  5. patsfann

I ran it 4 a while, yes set CPU is what I'm using , but just changed it .. already sent it 1 back 2 HTC .........thank you all 4 a quick reply !!!!!!!!!
    And my battery lasted a day max !!!

6. podagee

podagee Member

i keep mine running at 1400 and it does fine.

7. ss2man44

ss2man44 Well-Known Member

This follows my experience pretty closely. I was able to run the device at 1.8GHz stable, with instability starting to show at 1.9GHz. I can't imagine the CPU dying before something else in the phone at 1.8GHz, so it should be safe. But all phones are different, so don't count on it 100%.

patsfann likes this.
  8. patsfann

I think that's what happened 2 my motherboard ! I was running it @ 368-1920 smartass 2 / deadline.........now I'm @ 245-15?? Smartass2 - noop

9. ss2man44

ss2man44 Well-Known Member

What happened to your motherboard? Your current settings are safe and as long as you're happy with the performance, I'd keep it there.

10. Dm47021

Dm47021 Android Expert

i say its safe. the zte warp has the exact same cpu MSM8655, we oc that to 1804 no problem, its default clock is 1024 for warp. yours is 1200.
    i just got an evo, so i will be doing alot of work with my team on this phone

patsfann likes this.
  11. patsfann

I don't know , what the issue was with the motherboard, I had 2 send it back 2 HTC & thats what they told me ....I know it was a brick when I sent it ( I have the no power thread & unlocked/rooted thread

12. rc pilot

rc pilot Newbie

What app/program are you using for overclocking? Set Cpu?

13. patsfann

HTC EVO Design Forum

The HTC EVO Design release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews