1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Safe Stuff to Remove

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Muilisx, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Muilisx

Muilisx Android Expert

With preparation on buying my M.... I was wondering if anyone could kindly reply to this thread with a list of bloatware that is safe to delete from the phone once it is rooted.

Here is a list of stuff that came with the Ascend that is safe to delete..I am sure most will be on the M, but I am sure LG has some bloatware too.

1 Boingo Wifi
    2 MetroPCS Easy Wifi
    3 Documents To Go
    4 Virtual Card
    5 Online Banking
    6 Games
    7 Mocospace
    8 Uno Demo
    9 Pocket Express

I am sure most of those are all on the M preloaded

If anyone can please add to that list of other stuff that may of came with the M that is considered safe bloatware to remove....thanks a million

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Aplus

Aplus Android Enthusiast

3. Muilisx

Muilisx Android Expert

You Rock!

4. Aplus

Aplus Android Enthusiast

That is by no means the end all, be all list. It basically covers the major bloatware. I have removed numerous other apps that I didn't particularly care for or that had better counterparts on the market. Just remember if/when you get your M (or any other phone, for that matter) to do so sparingly and remember to back up everything (just in case.)

5. Muilisx

Muilisx Android Expert

I would honestly only back up the stuff I wasn't too sure about but stuff like Mocospace and Pocket Express or Virtual Card....dumb stuff like that... I probably won't back up as I have no use for it

6. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

If you have any problem with your phone, you will need to have that stuff back on it or they will know you were rooted and have therefore voided your warranty. I had a faulty screen on my first one and had to re-install the bloat so that they would not know. It is a good idea to at least save a copy somewhere.

7. Muilisx

Muilisx Android Expert

Alright, I am then going to buy a bigger card than the one it comes with so I can have plenty of room for all the backups along with all the other stuff. I know it voids the warranty, I already had a problem with my Ascend and had to bring it back, but I never unrooted or installed anything back on, and they never said anything...probably did not even notice...not all of them are prob even root smart to be able to tell, all I did was turn off LP, and I was fine :p, but I guess since this will be a BRAND NEW phone and it's a nicer one...I will go ahead and backup everything I plan to remove.