• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Safeboot Restore Error

kool kat2

Android Expert
May 21, 2011
Carson, CA
it looks like my backup that i made before flashing cm9 on my bionic didnt turn out right. there is a zip file in the original backup folder but it has no size. any ideas for getting out of this one? or am i going to have to restart from scratch?

EDIT: Ok, what i got from the google is that im screwed. now my question is if I just leave it at that, can i just go about using my safe system and not worry about anything? I really dont wanna start over

If you made a backup using bootstrap recovery (cwm) it will be under the clockwork folder either internal or external memory, depending on where you saved it. Any backup you make with safestrap is under the safestrap folder (internal or external, depending). They are not compatible with one another. If you find your bootstrap, clockwork backup, you could uninstall safestrap, re-install bootstrap and restore that. Be sure to look in both sdcard and sd-ext for the clockwork folder.

Reactions: kool kat2
Upvote 0
If you made a backup using bootstrap recovery (cwm) it will be under the clockwork folder either internal or external memory, depending on where you saved it. Any backup you make with safestrap is under the safestrap folder (internal or external, depending). They are not compatible with one another. If you find your bootstrap, clockwork backup, you could uninstall safestrap, re-install bootstrap and restore that. Be sure to look in both sdcard and sd-ext for the clockwork folder.

No backups and just an empty zip in safestrap. Its going OK so far so I just won't worry about it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones