1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General sales figures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dkelz313, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Dkelz313

Dkelz313 Member
    None

Jan 4, 2011
    Male
    Denver
    Does anyone know how well or bad the MyTouch 4G has sold.? I couldn't find any articles on it.

Advertisement

2. carmendiva

carmendiva Android Expert
    None

Feb 11, 2010
    Female
    Intern, Model, Acting, Dancer
    New Yor
    Given that t-mobile is the smallest of the 4 companies, i don't see the mytouch selling millions and millions say like a Droid on Verizon and definitely nowhere near iphone level

But given how they market the mytouch, it is literally in every one of their latest commercials with Carly(who i am getting sick of), i would say it is doing very well.

Idk exact numbers but you never see a G2 commercial and just started seeing a Samsung Galaxy S 4g commercial so i'd say the mytouch is probably one of their better phones

3. HKM

None

Wow wow wow what's wrong with Carly? Don't get jealous cuz she is hot :p you know what you should do? You should send me... Lol I guess that's another subject for another day :p

Far as this topic goes as TMo didn't release it yet but its over G2 as you have to understand MT4G is direct T-Mobile branded phone as they will push for user base upgrade and try to convert users. But I'm very impressed by G2's hackablity profile specially OCing beyond 120% clock frequency and higher native fps.

4. carmendiva

None

Feb 11, 2010
    Female
    New Yor
    Lmao, i hope that was a joke :)
    I liked the first commercial....and the second one

3 months later it is nothing new...and lost it's cuteness

and she is a gorgeous girl!

Since its obvious they are appealing to the male demographic with her....they should have yet another pretty girl to represent the samsung galaxy 4g(it looks a bit odd with Carly calling herself a mytouch and now she is a Galaxy). Like a duo!

CHange it up a bit

5. Dkelz313

Dkelz313 Member
    None

Jan 4, 2011
    Male
    Denver
    I don't like the way t-mobile markets the MyTouch 4G, I think the commercials should be more aggressive and less bubbly. Those commercials wouldn't make me wanna switch carriers to have it, I feel like they're doing it all wrong.

6. Texter

Texter Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 15, 2010
    Cnet has it among their pick of the best 5 cell phones

7. carmendiva

None

Feb 11, 2010
    Female
    New Yor
    yeah like i said, it's obvious they are appealing to the male population. Gorgeous girl in a pretty dress....

Just like the Droid commercials usually appeal to tech geeks
    speaking of which, I have not seen a droid commercial in ages...Even before
    the iphone was announced.

I do like how the Evo and Sprint commercials are different from what you see from the other companies!

If i had to guess, I'd say maybe Tmobile sold like 500-700k

Edit: Nvm, i guess the thunderbolt commericals are the new Droid commercials. I just miss the robotic sci-fi aspect to the commercials

8. Dkelz313

Dkelz313 Member
    None

Jan 4, 2011
    Male
    Denver
    Imma male and these t-mobile commercials dont appeal to me at all. It makes me feel like a have a feminine phone that's for teenage girls who like to video chat with eachother. I think verizon has the best adds, the way they portrayed the DROID made damn near everyone want one. And sprint does a good job as well with the evo.

9. HKM

None

LOL I use to think like that before I lost my HD2 as the pink color and BS all made me feel like I will never own this girly phone. But soon as I lost it and went in search mode to replace it I got pissed off at HTC for not having decent 4.3" GSM profile in 2011. I mean I got the freaking HD2 in 2009 and here in 2011 all they had was DHD and HD7(I had HD2 WTF would I downgrade to WM7 from superior WM6.5.X(C8:29XXX)). I mean CDMA has so many decent 4.3" device yet we got stuck with nothing. Couldn't get DHD as it had no 3G TMoUS support so only thing I could even consider was G2 which after came MT4G, so got that. Trust me size does matter... I know as I came from 4.3" you can't beat that type of real estate top of that directly jump in to 3.8" device.

10. carmendiva

None

Feb 11, 2010
    Female
    New Yor

Speaking of commercials & mytouch advertisement

I saw a cute little Htc commercial that showcases all the different android phones and even a windows mobile(not windows phone 7) phone.

Now i see a g2 but i didn't see mytouch 4g. i wonder why

here is a link to the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md52PdldJ1U