• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Salesman was against me getting Incredible

meow70

May 31, 2010
I first posted on here a few weeks ago. I switched from AT&T Iphone to Verizon and the guy sold me an Eris. Came home and saw commercial for Incredible and did some research and decided I would rather have that phone even if I have to wait. Called verizon 1-800 number and he was like no problem as long as you don't mind waiting we'll send you a free flip to use until Incredible is ready. Just go to store after you activate your flip and pay the difference, turn in the Eris and they will call you when it's in. Went to do that today with my original salesman and he was totally against me doing it and completely talked me out of it. Well he didn't really I could just see he had nothing good to say about the incredible and I decided to just leave. Said the software sucks...battery life sucks(which I know but so does Eris) nothing but bugs, getting returned left and right all over country. Said I should get it with my upgrade in 1 year when all the bugs are fixed. I'm like dude...I'll prolly want something even better than the Incredible in a year??? He was like on in the next 3 months there is gonna be so much better out than Incredible and I don't know of 1 Verizon employee who would even carry one and we could of had them on the first day....On and on and on....So why is he trying to get me to not exchange? does it have something to do with his commission? Is The Incredible really that bad? What does he care if I am willing to wait. Should I go somewhere

Listen meow.. The Incredible is better than the Eris for so many reasons. Meow, what you want to do is head back to the store and tell that sales rep that you want one right meow! Meow, what I've heard is that commission on NE2 is far lower than a new contact, so they want to save the big fish(Incredible) for the best chance of commission. I got mine at Bestbuy cause they were far more helpful than the red shirts and no pressure. Meow.. it's possible that the VZ store you visited didn't have any in stock as some area's just don't have them, were you able to see one meow? Alright meow, don't forget your license encase they ask. Now hurry up meow. No butts meow... meow!

Upvote 0
Listen meow.. The Incredible is better than the Eris for so many reasons. Meow, what you want to do is head back to the store and tell that sales rep that you want one right meow! Meow, what I've heard is that commission on NE2 is far lower than a new contact, so they want to save the big fish(Incredible) for the best chance of commission. I got mine at Bestbuy cause they were far more helpful than the red shirts and no pressure. Meow.. it's possible that the VZ store you visited didn't have any in stock as some area's just don't have them, were you able to see one meow? Alright meow, don't forget your license encase they ask. Now hurry up meow. No butts meow... meow!

A little excessive on the "meows"....

Upvote 0
The only 4 reasons to get Eris over Incredible (we have both in my house):

1. Incredible is too big.
2. Price
3. You love trackball over optical mouse
4. Wait for Incredible

We got an Eris because of #1 and #2 for my wife. I got an Incredible but I wouldn't consider the X because the larger phones are too big for me. I do occasionally put it in my pocket.

Upvote 0
quite simply, that saleman should no longer have a job or ever be allowed to set foot in a verizon wireless store ever again. seriously, the incredible is amazing. i've had mine since 2 days before the official launch WITH NO BUGS. it's fast as hell, the screen is awesome, the possibilities for customization are literally endless. it has a great camera, battery sucks but my 1750 gets me more than a days use so that's a non issue. it amazes me that this idiot actually tried talking you into an outdated and NO LONGER SOLD item over obviously the best smartphone verizon has to offer now. every phones going to have some issues here or there, hell, the iphone 4 has reported signal and screen issues a day before its even launched.

please don't listen to that dude. if you want to hold out and wait for the next best thing, i'm all for it, but if you're thinking of choosing the eris over the incredible, you're incredibly crazy!:cool:

Reactions: 06Stang
Upvote 0
P.S I hate this trackball on the eris it's stupid...and the meows are funny..lol...

Actually...just got off phone with verizon CS and she said run do not walk back to the store I got the eris from and do a straight exchange with negates my contract. Use my little flip they sent me free as my phone for now on a month to month basis and run to an authorized verizon dealer..(she gave me the names of 3 in my area) and tell them you want to buy a contract with the incredible. Contract won't start till I get the Incredible and the new salesman will get the commish...she was not happy to hear he was dissing the incredible and said he must be earning his bucks on what is available in the store at that time. said straight up to me "we at verizon do not want you to be stuck with a phone your not happy with and we will do whatever we can to get you what you want. ;) I am gonna work on this tomorrow..will keep you all updated ...thanks for your helps!!

Upvote 0
quite simply, that saleman should no longer have a job or ever be allowed to set foot in a verizon wireless store ever again. seriously, the incredible is amazing. i've had mine since 2 days before the official launch WITH NO BUGS. it's fast as hell, the screen is awesome, the possibilities for customization are literally endless. it has a great camera, battery sucks but my 1750 gets me more than a days use so that's a non issue. it amazes me that this idiot actually tried talking you into an outdated and NO LONGER SOLD item over obviously the best smartphone verizon has to offer now. every phones going to have some issues here or there, hell, the iphone 4 has reported signal and screen issues a day before its even launched.

please don't listen to that dude. if you want to hold out and wait for the next best thing, i'm all for it, but if you're thinking of choosing the eris over the incredible, you're incredibly crazy!:cool:

Same as this guy except my stock battery is awesome. I charge my phone every 24-36 hours and use it quite a bit.

Upvote 0
Looking at the dimensions they're basically the same exact size (4.5 by 2.2 by 0.5 inches vs. 4.63 x 2.30 x 0.47 inches), so I'm confuzzled by #1.

I know I had a hard time getting salespeople to talk about the DrInc (granted, I only went to a franchise, not a corporate store), they kept trying to shove an Ally in front of me. I assumed it was because for the next 2 months, they are going to sell every DrInc the getting in before they have them in stock. Selling another unit does nothing for there commission till they have them in stock, so it's better to move something they do have.

It's similar for your guy, except he'll be losing 1 droid incredible commission selling it to you (he'll lose the original Eris commission, and possibly get only a reduced commission for the incredible).

Upvote 0
Same as this guy except my stock battery is awesome. I charge my phone every 24-36 hours and use it quite a bit.

i wish i had that battery life originally! however, i refuse to turn down my screen or turn off anything to save battery life. i want to enjoy everything mine has to offer so the 1750 was necessary for me! not saying you do that, but for me i had to with the stock battery!

Upvote 0
LOL...He tried to get me to try the ally...i was like....lg...nah....lol...the CS person i just talked to said the store I went to is just a franchise so they will sell u whatever they have in stock. That' y she said do a straight up exchange and a corporate store will get you what u want

Upvote 0
I posted a similar topic with the almost exact thing happening to me. lol Lady tried to tell me the DInc was soo bad. Kept trying to sell me the Droid instead. Seemed to sincerely think the DInc was a bad phone compared to it too. After getting irritated, I left and found a Best Buy a few days later that had one in stock cause someone never came to pick it up. :D

Upvote 0
Excuse me, are you saying meow?
Who wants a mustache ride
i do i do

Upvote 0
I first posted on here a few weeks ago. I switched from AT&T Iphone to Verizon and the guy sold me an Eris. Came home and saw commercial for Incredible and did some research and decided I would rather have that phone even if I have to wait. Called verizon 1-800 number and he was like no problem as long as you don't mind waiting we'll send you a free flip to use until Incredible is ready. Just go to store after you activate your flip and pay the difference, turn in the Eris and they will call you when it's in. Went to do that today with my original salesman and he was totally against me doing it and completely talked me out of it. Well he didn't really I could just see he had nothing good to say about the incredible and I decided to just leave. Said the software sucks...battery life sucks(which I know but so does Eris) nothing but bugs, getting returned left and right all over country. Said I should get it with my upgrade in 1 year when all the bugs are fixed. I'm like dude...I'll prolly want something even better than the Incredible in a year??? He was like on in the next 3 months there is gonna be so much better out than Incredible and I don't know of 1 Verizon employee who would even carry one and we could of had them on the first day....On and on and on....So why is he trying to get me to not exchange? does it have something to do with his commission? Is The Incredible really that bad? What does he care if I am willing to wait. Should I go somewhere

This is pretty common for Verizon Employees. Part of the problem is that employees can either decelerate or accelerate based on their return rate percentage. Meaning if you exchange the phone, they may receive a commission decelerator at the end of the month. Imagine taking your paycheck and deducting 15% just because a few people exchanged handsets that you sold. It sucks for both sides.

What he did was wrong and you should definately exchange, the incredible is way better.

Also, ALL corporate Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile, and Sprint employees are paid both hourly and commission, although hourly tends to be quite low due to the commission aspect. When commission is your main source of pay, you have to expect any Verizon employee to try and stop you from returning or exchanging as they don't want to lose money. He should have handled the situation a different way though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones