1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root SalvageMod in bootloop...can't get to flash menu in clockworkmod recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by melbournesurf1, Jan 8, 2012.

1. melbournesurf1

None

Nov 23, 2011
    Alright so I had Cyanogen 7, did a full titanium backup. Flashed to Salvagemod, it is stuck in bootloop...Clockworkmod boot screen does not show an option to flash back to Cyanogen.

What can I Do?!

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    so can you get into clockwork mod? what did you wipe before flashing the rom?

9to5cynic likes this.
  3. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    Can you give us a bit more? What is exactly happening? When you use the power on and Vol. Down, what happens. It should take you to Hboot. Then what? Can you get to recovery (in your case sounds like clockwork mod)...

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. melbournesurf1

None

Nov 23, 2011
    Sure. after wiping delvk cache, standard cache, user data etc from the phone using fastboot AND clockwork mod recoverycard.I just reflashed salvagemod from my sd card. And I am still stuck in bootloop.

I HAD made a titanium backup of Cyanogen apps and everything else. How do I get to this? I also have a backup of my stock system as well I made before I flashed to a custom rom.

I could swear I had superuser on the SD Card and other mods on the root. But I can't see them browsing the directories.

Any ideas?

5. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    Hmm... I'm not entirely sure, but I'd recommend using amon ra (or the one that can use both amon ra and clockwork :)). That way you'd be able to still use your nandroids you have, and you'd be able to use very helpful tools like Caulkin's FormatAll and Superwipe.

So you wiped
    Cache
    Davlik Cache
    System
    Data
    correct?

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    9to5cynic likes this.
  7. melbournesurf1

None

Nov 23, 2011
    You are not understanding me.

I made a titanium backup. I backed up my system and apps etc. I made a backup of my stock android.

When I boot into fastboot, recovery, it boots up straight into clockwork mod. Everything is wiped (except SD card). When I boot up without holding v. down, I go right back into salvage mod boot loop- HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE IF I WIPED EVERYTHING?!

And about amon ra, how the hell would I use it if I can't even get the phone to boot in the first place so I can get to use USB support?

Where do I begin, step by step. I need my phone.

8. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    Titanium backup is an app. A nandroid is a system backup (of sorts) ... it's a bit for bit backup of the areas you select.

Amon ra is a PC36IMG.zip file, that would be placed on the root of the sdcard and then the phone would install it from the Hboot menu.
    so if your sdcard was /8gb_card the whole path may look like this:
    /8gb_card/PC36IMG.zip

dustwun77 and ocnbrze like this.
  9. ocnbrze

None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    los angeles
    ok first off titanium backup only really should be used for backing up your apps and its data. it does not do a nadroid backup. that is done in recovery. nandroid backups are your friend. they will save you when things go wrong such as this.

clockwork mod has a built in usb toggle that you can use to get access to your sd card. go into the main menu and select mounts and storage then select mount usb storage (make sure that you have the cable connected first). now you have access to your card.

you might have a bad download of the rom. you can either download the rom and try again or you could try another rom (if you have one already downloaded).

also clockwork mod is known not to wipe very well. if anything make sure that you wipe like 3-4 times before flashing. and you do not have to have the phone up and running to get amon ra. if you like we can help you with that.

dustwun77 and 9to5cynic like this.
  10. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    Titanium Backup works for taking data from ROM to ROM. It's like Having your luggage when you go on a trip. A NANDROID is picture of a moment in time. With a Nandroid you can go back to that moment in time. You will do a Nadroid from within a recovery environment such as clockwork or Amon RA. Titanium you will do from within a ROM. Hopefully that helps you understand the difference between the two.

dustwun77, MizzouBrent and ocnbrze like this.
  11. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Olathe, KS
    Right, when you have a nandroid backup saved (a "backup" that is completed in recovery) then you have a working, bootable state of your phone saved on the SD card. So if you mess something up while flashing, you can always revert to this back and get your phone back in working order. Titanium will only put copies of your apps on your SD card, which won't do you any good if your phone can't boot up.

argedion, ocnbrze and dustwun77 like this.
Tags: