• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Same freaking problem!

jempub

Jul 26, 2010
I'm on my THIRD HTC Hero and it is still giving me a hard time with
constantly changing from Ev to 1x!

Is this just a Hero thing?

I live by an Air Guard airport... Maybe that's the reason??

But... my Wife has a Blackberry and never has a problem.

Uugghh...

Later,
G

Seems to me it must be your location, I would call Sprint and mention where you live and see if there are any close cell towers close you, and find out if there are any issues in your area, don't base it on your wife's BB they are 2 different phones,maybe Sprint will be able to get you to update the radio on your phone, I am not sure, but surely sounds like a location issue, especially if I recall you mentioned before that it works elsewhere fine, correct

Uugghh...

Later,
G

Upvote 0
Well let me ask you this, if you go outside, is your signal good, I mean out outside your house, if it is then Sprint will not do nothing, as they do not guarantee signal inside!!

Well... Sprint "says" I have cell tower all around me. There are no "outages" or
"problems" in my area.

So....

Later,
G

Upvote 0
I think it is one of those USB devices you hook up to a PC or Laptop to get internet, it is an air card,

Well I have no clue what to tell you, if it is doing that outside, then there is definitely something wrong, maybe someone will chime in, I am at a lost for words, especially that this is the 3rd phone with the same issue

If I go outside the house it's the same thing... Sometimes worse...

What is an "airave" and how do I get one??

Thanks,
Gary

Upvote 0

Uugghh...

Later,
G

When switching to 1x, does it show the roaming triangle? If not, perhaps it's not a problem. I believe the phone is supposed to switch to 1x during phone calls, when receiving text messages, and other non-data things.

Upvote 0
Been there done that...LOL It's just weird that this started happening with these
phones after the 2.1 update.

Like I said... it does it frequently at my home... I also did a test with the Wifi...

I turned it on and walked to different parts of my house and got different signal
levels from the wireless...

Whew!

Talk soon,
Gary

Upvote 0
I think it is one of those USB devices you hook up to a PC or Laptop to get internet, it is an air card,

Well I have no clue what to tell you, if it is doing that outside, then there is definitely something wrong, maybe someone will chime in, I am at a lost for words, especially that this is the 3rd phone with the same issue

Airave is actually a cellular signal booster you can install in your house.

Edit: And yes it does hook up to your broadband.

Upvote 0
Have you tried toggling your mobile data on and off? This happens very rarely, but sometimes my Sprint HTC Hero will get stuck on 1X or mobile data will not work at all even if 3G is showing.

I just added the HTC mobile data widget to one of my home screens and when the above situation happens, I toggle it on and off. It has worked flawlessly for me for each of the rare occasions that I have needed to do it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones