• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sam's Club app identifies itself as a home launcher

docprego

Android Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2009
Recently I've been having an annoying problem on my Epic 4G Touch. If I long press the home button the multitasking window that shows recent apps appears. The next time I press the home button I am asked to select the default launcher, which I do. The problem is that the setting is not remembered and I have to select the launcher each time, regardless of the fact that I clicked the box to remember my selection. This only occurs after a long press of the home button, short presses work normally.

I tried all sorts of ways to fix this from completely wiping my phone to replacing the multitasking app with one from a third party. None of these tactics worked but installing that third party multitasking app revealed something quite interesting. I installed an app called "Multitasking Lite" which had an option in its preferences to select the default home launcher. In this option appeared my normal two choices but also a surprising third; Sam's Club. Of course Sam's Club is not a home launcher but apparently it identifies itself this way and was causing all my troubles. I uninstalled it and the problem is gone. Why on Earth does my phone think it's a launcher?

Hopefully this can help someone else to conquer this annoying problem.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones