1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung 3 unusual battery drain

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Roxxan, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Roxxan

Roxxan Lurker

Since the update a few months ago I have been having huge issues with battery drain. I have read all the threads and tried lots of things.
    The battery can be on 100% and drain to 10% by the end of the day without me using it. If I turn the phone off and back on again it is fine for about 2 days then starts draining again. Any suggestions please?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trippin

trippin Well-Known Member

That definitely sounds like a rogue app using the battery more than it should.
    Also doesn't even have to be a newly installed app, for instance, I've been using Reddit Sync and lately it's been eating up my battery like crazy, so I think a recent update has caused it.
    Either that or my battery is dying.

3. Roxxan

Roxxan Lurker

I'm not sure. I have uninstalled any app that's not vital including facebook and google maps. I have unticked anything that syncs and tried all the suggestions I've read. I've tried a new battery.
    I'm wondering if it's skype but I need to keep that on. I have installed the latest version. I might try a factory reset and if that doesn't work the phone is going in the bin.

4. Netcat

Netcat Android Enthusiast

Try looking at the battery statistics. Go to settings(gear)/more/battery. This will show you what is using the most power at the top of the list. You can see if Skype is draining the majority of your battery.

5. mydian

mydian Android Expert

Skype was a huge battery hog for me so I quit using it a few months ago. What's even worse is it was hogging all that battery life and I still missed messages all the time until I actually opened the app. It's a horrible app and if you could uninstall it for a day I wouldn't be surprised if it was your problem.

6. Netcat

Netcat Android Enthusiast

If you find you MUST keep Skype on, you can switch to a mega-power battery like the Zero-Lemon 7000mA/hr extended battery. This is what I use. Yes, the battery is big, but your phone will only be 1/2" thick, including the case that comes with the battery. That's not really too big, is it? I carry it around with me in my pocket all day. It can last over 3 days with normal use or 1.5 days with heavy use. You could leave Skype on all day and still have power to spare in the evening. I've had this battery for almost a year and am very satisfied.

Zerolemon Samsung Galaxy S3 7000mAh Extended Battery Black TPU Full Edge Case | eBay

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews